• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

test drive tomorrow:) added pictures

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
That's awesome. Now you only need to find a way to get it out of the garage.

jrcflash

Nice pics. You should be proud and I am envious. Im hoping to be there in one more year. Although, I think I said that a year ago, and maybe even the year before that...

OP
OP
treihesse

treihesse

Bronco Guru
Test drive complete wow this thing is crazy

couple small issues
1. Brakes such need to bleed
2. Clearance front drive shaft yoke and adjust pinion angle a little
3. Clutch seems to be chattering a little. 3.54 to 4.88 gears maybe a little worn out or need to get use to it?

broncojam

Loc.
Ukiah
Man that looks awesome! I have another question about your disc brake conversion. did you use some kind of spacers under the axle retaining plate? My bearing sticks out a little and without the drum brake backing plate there, there is a gap and I was wondering what you did about this if anything. thanks

bknbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
North Metro, MN
I like the adjustable castor!

How are them rocker sliders attached? just the same tubing back to the frame in a few places?

Are the added tubes on the sliders a pain in the ass when getting out?

If you upsized tires that's where your clutch chatter is from. Mine don't chatter much with 33's but when I step up to 35's or 37's it gets more pronounced.

Desert Thrasher

Bronco Guru
Looks great! Glad to see it out and driving. I've finally started collecting parts for my build.