• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

The big green and white truck showed up at my door today....(R&L Carriers)

RKM

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Huntingtown, MD
I was 2 minutes from my house when R&L called to tell me they just sat my package down in front of my garage.;D I was so happy. I came home, and still had work to do on the rig. I took my tracbar and stripped it down to metal, and painted it. Installed new bushings in it, and installed it. Then I had to put the pit-man arm back on. I pulled the radiator shroud. I need to relocate it because of the body lift. I then put my front seat back in and thought I was good. Turns out the BL moved my throttle arm and it was hitting my bottom plate of my air cleaner. A little bending of the rod, and tweaking the pivot arm a little and all was good. The last thing was my NEW wheels and tires.;D . Ohh man they look good. Yea they look like a stock bronco. I know everyone has them, but they still have that look I like. I was close to getting the New DC1's but I couldn't find them to look at in person. Anyway my 35's look great on these 15x10's. Can I tell ya. The ride is great. I don't know if it is well balanced wheels and tires, or the new tracbar bushings. But man O man, I'm gonna be riding everywhere now. Enough with all the talking. You guys wanna see pics I know..... She is still dusty, I haven't ridden her since October. I'm talking about the Bronco not my wife.:eek: She is in there for some perspective.

Attachments

• new feet 1.jpg
    new feet 1.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 150
  • DSCF0002.JPG
    DSCF0002.JPG
    120.6 KB · Views: 251

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
That's gorgeous, the Bronco looks good too. ;) :) ;) What color is that? I still can't wait to get mine done, the slow go is killing me.

OP
OP
RKM

RKM

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Huntingtown, MD
Vibrent Red 93 Mustang Cobra. Now it looks nice and Red because the sun is down a little. In sunlight it looks Orange. It is awsome paint.

bfoldy

Contributor
Loc.
Torrance, CA
Love the color.

The wheels and tires look great....the wheel selection seems to be limited on our trucks and I think these are one of the better choices out there. Common, yes, but they look great.

blazinchuck

Bronco Guru
NICE...I even like that better than the red I picked for mine-Dodge Viper;D Great job!Chuck

Gummi Bear

Bronco Guru
So, was the Mrs in the surprise package, like one of those Russian brides or something? ;D

Yer rig's lookin sharp! The wheels look great.

It's wacky how installing new track bar bushings makes it like a whole new rig, huh?

brian72

Early Bronco Student
gotta get your tube doors back on and it will be looking even tougher.

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
That does look good, mighty good and it also looks like your wife is as proud of that rig as you are :cool:

rutwad

RKM, are the seats in your bronco the factory seats.

That's about the size of my seats (I think they are stock), and I need to find some covers for them.

BTW, Rig looks NICE!

OP
OP
RKM

RKM

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Huntingtown, MD
Thanks guys

The seats are factory. I recovered them myself. I don't think I will ever do that again.

OP
OP
RKM

RKM

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Huntingtown, MD
Better pics. Daytime still no sun, but washed....

Here is some idea of my paint. The first pics are around late in the afternoon almost getting dark. Today I washed her (the bronco) and slicked up the wheels and flares. The sun is NOT out. It is cloudy. Starting to look orange. I'll see if the sun comes out later on so you can see it then. Got the doors back on. Enjoy...;D I know I am.

Attachments

• bronco 001.jpg
    bronco 001.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 28
  • bronco 002.jpg
    bronco 002.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 31