• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

The building of "Tree Stump"

OP
OP
DevilDog

DevilDog

Loc.
Virginia
Nice name and nice rig. What kind of soft top is that?

It is a Bestop. From what I understand it is about 4 years old, and still holding up great. I am a little afraid about the paint getting scratched when take it down thought. The Bestops have these little support bars in the front that bang all around when you are taking it down. I also have to take the top down to drive into the garage. Other than that it is great, and I really like the way the side windows look.

4lofun

You can have both .cut and Luber.!!!!!!!!! I have thought it out and seen another Guy that had his bolted on...I figure on using #10 bolts with rivnuts mounted on body flanges.may have to extend quarter panel flanges..I know it can be done.maybe also something like a post and hook system at rear flange to limit bolts and time change overs

OP
OP
DevilDog

DevilDog

Loc.
Virginia
You can have both .cut and Luber.!!!!!!!!! I have thought it out and seen another Guy that had his bolted on...I figure on using #10 bolts with rivnuts mounted on body flanges.may have to extend quarter panel flanges..I know it can be done.maybe also something like a post and hook system at rear flange to limit bolts and time change overs

I was thinking the same thing, with the post and hook idea and minimal bolts. Unfortunately I think I am too far into this build to add any extra time or cost.

OP
OP
DevilDog

DevilDog

Loc.
Virginia
So both quarter panels, rockers, strike posts and tail light housing are in on both sides. Still contemplating the Luber style, but I think the cut is the only way it will work. I'll snap some new pics next week.

If anyone has a picture of a nice dark gray/ dark silver, or Dark Green I would like to see some pics for the paint. Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
DevilDog

DevilDog

Loc.
Virginia
What's the color on it now? I'm looking to go with a "flat" type of black or dark grey for my project.

Is rust a color? It was actually a flat olive drab, which actually looked pretty cool, but there were some rust issues. Even on the interior, my had bondo and bedliner hiding a lot of bad stuff. It is all new now though.

Someone told me that the big problem with flat paint is that it shows every oil stain and finger print.

mudwisr2

Loc.
Memphis, TN
Is rust a color? It was actually a flat olive drab, which actually looked pretty cool, but there were some rust issues. Even on the interior, my had bondo and bedliner hiding a lot of bad stuff. It is all new now though.

Someone told me that the big problem with flat paint is that it shows every oil stain and finger print.

Mine will be partially "rust" colored. Haha. It has about an inch and a half worth of old paint on it now that's going to be interesting to remove.

OP
OP
DevilDog

DevilDog

Loc.
Virginia
Updated pics, I know it doesn't look like it, but there is some definite progress here.

Attachments

• Old pass qtr.jpg
    Old pass qtr.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 61
  • New pass qtr.jpg
    New pass qtr.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 66
  • Drive qtr.jpg
    Drive qtr.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 58
OP
OP
DevilDog

DevilDog

Loc.
Virginia
Still can't seem to find the right color. Has anyone ever seen a Bronco with a really nice olive drab paint job? Glossy or Metallic? Am I crazy for thinking this might look good with a black grill and interior?

OP
OP
DevilDog

DevilDog

Loc.
Virginia
More photos

Slowly, slowly moving forward...

Attachments

• DSC_0297.jpg
    DSC_0297.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 34
  • DSC_0296.jpg
    DSC_0296.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 36
  • DSC_0295.jpg
    DSC_0295.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 38
  • DSC_0293.jpg
    DSC_0293.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 35
  • DSC_0294.jpg
    DSC_0294.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 36
  • DSC_0300.jpg
    DSC_0300.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 36

TM Toys

Loc.
Barboursville , VA
looking good Ian ,,
my 68 is dark green metallic , w/ blk flares and the center of the hood is painted blk too ..

U r welcome to come by and look at it.. Just let me know ..I can mail u pic's again , but it's just not the same ..

OP
OP
DevilDog

DevilDog

Loc.
Virginia
Tony,

Thanks, I need to make that happen, I would like to check out your trail rig too. I am tied up this weekend, but how are you looking next weekend? Also, any chance you were planning on heading out to the mud bog in Nelson on the 14th?

TM Toys

Loc.
Barboursville , VA
hey Ian ,, next weekend we're doing a trail run to crabtree-falls for the topless event .. If that changes I'll let u know ..

I just got the trail rig back last nite,, finally a good cage installed in it .. I'll have both of them at the Spring-hill church this weekend for thier car show .. If you can make it we hope to have 3-4 EB's there too...

OP
OP
DevilDog

DevilDog

Loc.
Virginia
hey Ian ,, next weekend we're doing a trail run to crabtree-falls for the topless event .. If that changes I'll let u know ..

I just got the trail rig back last nite,, finally a good cage installed in it .. I'll have both of them at the Spring-hill church this weekend for thier car show .. If you can make it we hope to have 3-4 EB's there too...

I will definitely try to make it, though I am positive my rig will still be at the body shop. Is it on Sat or Sun?

OP
OP
DevilDog

DevilDog

Loc.
Virginia
Pic update

Moving right along, here are some updated pics...

Attachments

• DSC_0365.jpg
    DSC_0365.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 28
  • DSC_0356.jpg
    DSC_0356.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC_0348.jpg
    DSC_0348.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 27
  • DSC_0343.jpg
    DSC_0343.jpg