• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

The Coyote build up starts tomorrow

OP
OP
C

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
why the stock arms? is the front axle wristed?

I see very little advantage to long arms at all and no advantage in street or go fast EBs. Maybe a little in off-road racing. We are setting this one up as a go fast on-road/beach EB. For this EB I didn't see any reason to use my arms or the WAH either. The customer may change his mind on the arms in phase II for the bling, chrome arms and plates with the gray heads is what he is thinking about. We will also be installing the chrome double king steering dampers for the bling.

OP
OP
C

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
i got the tank out and put back in last night.. see the original thread for pics. The hose from the in tank pump came off. I recommend you guys start putting a flair, or nipple/barb, on the end of the pick-up tube to keep it from sliding off (the pick-up tube that allows the pump to discharge fuel into the fuel lines is smooth, needs a flare/barb). I tightened it down as much as i could, but the hose still twists.. if it pops off again, i won't be a happy camper.. haha.

Luke

If you can twist the hose with the clamp tight my guess is you are not going to be a happy camper. Can you tell me, is the EFI clamp bottomed out? We are thinking that we may have used a 3/8" clamp instead of the 5/16" clamp.
Also I don't thank that is your running lean problem.

z70what

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Johnson City
If you can twist the hose with the clamp tight my guess is you are not going to be a happy camper. Can you tell me, is the EFI clamp bottomed out? We are thinking that we may have used a 3/8" clamp instead of the 5/16" clamp.
Also I don't thank that is your running lean problem.

Chuck, i bottomed out the clamp.. i hope it's not coming off again any time soon. IF it does, i'm going to be a little ticked off.. i know it's not the main problem with the lean condition.. however it was probably part of the issue. i know i still have a vacuum leak somewhere on the engine b/c i can hear a whistling while it's idling. I'm going to get some starter fluid and while it's running spray a light mist in a couple areas and try to figure it out. i had to fix a couple small water leaks as well. we will see how it goes.

Sorry to hijack your coyote thread.... keep the build going, that will be sweet!

Luke

OP
OP
C

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
No problem I started it. If the clamp is bottomed out you should plan to replace it. It may be fine if you don't increase the pressure.

OP
OP
C

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
Springs, axles, brakes, wheels and part of the shocks are on. The bracket on the diff. cover is for those chrome duel steering dampers I mentioned.

Attachments

• day 2 rolling frame 1k.jpg
    day 2 rolling frame 1k.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 542
  • end of day 2 frame front 1k.jpg
    end of day 2 frame front 1k.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 624
OP
OP
C

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
Well we started off the day with the steering box then fuel and return lines, then later we installed the chrome shocks tie rod and chrome steering stabilizers. We finished off the day with dropping in the new 2011 Coyote motor and 4R70W transmission, the Atlas T-case will not be here until the 24th.
It looks like we have done all of this in only a few days but we have been working and mocking this up for weeks while the frame was being prepped and powder coated.

Attachments

• steering box 1k.jpg
    steering box 1k.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 632
  • coyote fuel and return lines 1k.jpg
    coyote fuel and return lines 1k.jpg
    281.4 KB · Views: 589
  • chrome shocks 1k.jpg
    chrome shocks 1k.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 620
  • steering 1k.jpg
    steering 1k.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 624
  • steering done 1k.jpg
    steering done 1k.jpg
    266.7 KB · Views: 645
  • Coyote build up day 3 1k.jpg
    Coyote build up day 3 1k.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 842

bronco-billy-66

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Madison Mississippi
That powder coat looks really nice
And that coyote.....:eek: soo much want!!

Just curious though, why the sweet coilovers, and bypass shocks up front, and the leaves out back? Why not a link setup and coil overs out back ? Not knocking it. Just wondering

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Lookin Good Chuck! Assembly is all about mock up as you well know! Do a Really Good job with the mock up and the assembly goes NICEEEEEE! ;D

OP
OP
C

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
That powder coat looks really nice
And that coyote.....:eek: soo much want!!

Just curious though, why the sweet coilovers, and bypass shocks up front, and the leaves out back? Why not a link setup and coil overs out back ? Not knocking it. Just wondering
The owner did not ask and I don't think a 4 link would help on this build but we might change it later.

OP
OP
C

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
Lookin Good Chuck! Assembly is all about mock up as you well know! Do a Really Good job with the mock up and the assembly goes NICEEEEEE! ;D
Thanks, I agree about the mock and planning ahead, especially with so many mods and to add to that we are doing the whole job in 3 phases. This is phase I, drive train and suspension but we have to plan ahead for phase II and III. Notice the shock towers? There is a bar that goes over the engine to tie the 2 sides together but it won't go in until the body is on. Anyway getting a little ahead of myself but you are right mock up lowers the number of surprises.

ken75ranger

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Troy, NY
That is interesting using RR coilover with bypass shock. Most guys use a valveless coilover and have the bypass shock do all the dampening.
No way he's going to over heat that amount of shock oil.

OP
OP
C

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
quit teasing and show pics of the coyote

Last picture post 27 shows the coyote engine. We use the coilover shock for base dampening then fine tune with the triple bypass. With the intended use a monroe shock would do but has no bling at all. :)