• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

THE flexiest 3.5 lift!

green73brc

okay i have tried to do research on this but everyone always talks about ride quality and lifts... well if i wanted a smooth ride i would have gone with a cadilac :) anyway what i want to know is who has the flexiest kit in the 3.5? is it james duffs long travel 3.5? bc broncos 3.5? or wild horses 3.5? i dont want to know about wristed arms or WAH or any thing like that. I am talking straight out of the box install on a stock bronco. So anyone? wich is flexiest and how much should i expect to see over a stock install?

76 explorer

Bronco Guru
Loc.
oklahoma city
i cant speak for the b.c. lift as far as flex goes yet ( havent really wheeled it yet) but if it flexes as well as it works while driving down the road ( awsome ride) i could easily see it being the flexiest out there. i played with the forklift a little the other day and it seemed to flex really well but i still have to have my driveshafts redone and a few misc things to be able to get more flex. if i had the chance to do it again id buy chucks lift over and over again.

OP
OP
G

green73brc

I appreciate the comments but I am really curious in actuall stats/ pictures/ some sort of data that proves oh this gives better flex because....

ken75ranger

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Troy, NY
green73brc said:
I appreciate the comments but I am really curious in actuall stats/ pictures/ some sort of data that proves oh this gives better flex because....
Stats and data don't get you over the trail. You might want to hook up with some guys near you see what they have. hop in the passenger seat and see what would work best for you. Have fun!

77BroncoWag

Contributor
Bronco Guru
rti%20ericford.jpg

Duffs LongTravel kit
Don't have pics of mine yet but Erics is set up the same as mine(has Duffs radius arms) total about $1600 with the arms and brake lines, radiator drop brackets and a few other small things.

Last edited:

griff

Loc.
solvang, ca
I can't say how the others work, but my wild horses works very well. If you want alot of flex out of the front though, you're going to have to do something.

I wouldn't be suprised if they were all made by the same company and painted different colors. Does anybody know who the spring manufacturers are?

I don't think you can go wrong either way, but I'm not a brand whore.

DoughBoy

Loc.
Hemet, CA
I know who BC uses and they're good stuff.. not the same as WH. I dont want to disclose suppliers names, thats up to Chuck.

Skuzzlebutt

PhD, Dr. of Broncology
Loc.
Honeymoon Bay
Most of the Bronco suppliers lifts are in the same ballpark as far as flex goes. Your apparent disdain for ride quality gives the impression that you are extremely stupid. Many people have built very flexy rigs that are all but useless except on RTI ramps. There's a helluvalot more to an offroad suspension than flex.

HAIRRAZOR

Loc.
Marysville, WA.
All of the lift kits from the bronco vendors are about the same, some might have a softer spring rate for the coils or leaf springs than the other but close enough that you most likely won't notice. For the quality of ride that will also depend on the shocks you run. Duff's are not gassed charged, Rancho's are adjustable, then you could spend some cash and go Bilstein or something like those.

I run the Duff shocks dual all the way around and like the ride quality on the street as well as the trail. You will need to go to a long travel radius arm, WAH, wristed arm, etc. if you want to get the extra travel. I feel the Duff arm is the best bang for the buck and for flex I can keep up with those that are using the other stuff (that's mine that Matt posted a picture of earlier) it also helps with a lot of steering problems people have with caster when lifting their bronco.:cool:

77BroncoWag

Contributor
Bronco Guru
yes the duff arms took almost all the wandering on the highway I had away.

Matt