• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

WI "The Holy Grail" of the Big Broncos

clarrance

Bronco Guru
Not Mine. This could possibly be the holy grail of the 78-79 full size Broncos. I spoke to the owner, he has all the original paperwork brochures, etc. it has always been stored inside and never driven in the winter. It was bought to pull his show car to car shows in the summer time. The only parts that are not original are the spark plugs, battery, & tires. This one owner 37,000 original low mileage Bronco was ordered with some pretty rare options. It cold possibly be a 1 of 1.

Free Wheeling package
Trailer Special package
Black trim delete
400m engine, Auto trans
Locking front & rear axles with 3:90 gears
Tilt steering with cruise delete and Sport steering wheel
GT roll bar
Factory tow hooks
Spare tire carrier delete
High back buckets
A/C
Heavy duty suspension quad shocks and dual sway bars
Heavy duty cooling

http://broncograveyard.com/registry/vehicles/19539/bronco

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 1,092
Last edited:

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
WOW.. 37,000 is low low on one of those..

Looks pretty sweet don't it

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
could you pm me the contact info for the owner !! thanks !!

did you ask how much he needs for it ??

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
a buddy of mine had put a 429 SCJ in one these back in the day....36" High Rollers and 4" lift....was in love with that truck! Cool find!!

BajaFresh75

Bronco Guru
I made him an offer. He has a current offer of 15K for her. I figure for that kind of money I can buy a rust bucket, cut, manual steering/brakes early one instead.

OP
OP
clarrance

clarrance

Bronco Guru
I made him an offer. He has a current offer of 15K for her. I figure for that kind of money I can buy a rust bucket, cut, manual steering/brakes early one instead.

I hear ya about the price of EB's.

I talked to Wayne the other day, and he told me the same thing, that he had a standing offer of $15k. I was just amazed at how rare it must be with the combination of options. I really does sound like a nice Bronco. I'm still thinking of upping my offer, I would really like to own this one.

fordfan

Bronco Guru
I hear ya about the price of EB's.

I talked to Wayne the other day, and he told me the same thing, that he had a standing offer of $15k. I was just amazed at how rare it must be with the combination of options. I really does sound like a nice Bronco. I'm still thinking of upping my offer, I would really like to own this one.

That's really not that bad high if it's as nice as it looks. There is no way you could restore one for that costs, and this one's original...a virgin!

Bronco73

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cape Coral, FL
That bronco will sell in that price range if not more. I've seen less sell for close to that. If I had the cash I would buy it.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
I guess some of you are not familiar with the Free Wheelin' package. Those decals are awesome! They are supposed to be flashy - in fact they are reflective. If it's truly as nice as it looks in the pics $15K is a good price. They are very rare in that condition.

OP
OP
clarrance

clarrance

Bronco Guru
The Free Wheeling stripes is what makes his Bronco soo cool. You don't see many around, and never with the stripes in mint condition.

DaveG

The Free Wheeling stripes is what makes his Bronco soo cool. You don't see many around, and never with the stripes in mint condition.

Actually those stripes aren't part of the 'Free Wheelin' package. They were an option on any Bronco. I believe Ford called those airbrush stripes..

Free wheeling stripes were three solid stripes as such:

Last edited:

56f100bbw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson / lakeside AZ
I sold a 73 f 100 2wd long bed frame off restoration everything done only got 10K the PO I bought it from spent well over 30K on restoration 15 k for a true survivor it's not a bad price