• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

The Latest: Lots of Progress

brutis72eb

Bronco Guru
Loc.
South Carolina
Well, Ive gotten alot of things done here lately so Ill update yall. I towed the frame over to work and assembled the drivetrain. Then I set the drivetrain on the rolling chassis and took it home! Then i loaded the body on the trailor and took it to the welder on Sunday. I think I tweaked the body a bit but its definantly fixable. I kept the doors and the tailgate on but there is still a gap that formed about a half inch but when I took it over to Wesleys he said he could fix it. But I leave for school on Wednesday so I wont be working on Brutis for a while but atleast its kind of at a stopping point. And also im kind of glad im taking a break because I was really getting stressed out about all the things that needed to get done. So, its good to get away and you dont wont to get burned out this close to the finish line;D! Ill leave you with some pics ;)

Attachments

• DSC00410.JPG
    DSC00410.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 64
  • BroncoPicsv 0041.jpg
    BroncoPicsv 0041.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 74
  • 77fromfrank.jpg
    77fromfrank.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 56
  • BroncoPicsv 0051.jpg
    BroncoPicsv 0051.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 58
  • BroncoPicst 0071.jpg
    BroncoPicst 0071.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 58

TheCopperCowboy

Loc.
Bennett, Colorado
Looking Good!

Keep us posted. When do you think you'll have the body on? I'll would be interested to know how you bodyman fixes the tweak. Shims? You're closer than me, I only get one day a week to lock myself in the garage. Looking good!

OP
OP
brutis72eb

brutis72eb

Bronco Guru
Loc.
South Carolina
Yeah, I should have the whole project done by the end of Christmas Break and the body should be done at the welders by labor day. Then Ill take it to the sandblasters, who isnt even 3 minutes down the road. Then ill bring it home and do all the body prep like blocking out the body, you know all that fun stuff. I have to go back in the middle of January so that should give me just enough time to finish it, 5 weeks! Im not exactly sure how hes going to fix the tweak but when we lifted up the front clip it got smaller so.

MnkyBiz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Northern VA/DC
Brutis!

That looks fantastic! Even though I attacked my project, I am jealous that you did a frame off and I didn't. NOw I have to wait until my baby to be comes along!

Congratulations & enjoy school!

MnkyBiz

supermottl

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indian Harbour Bch,
Are you gonna fix the ears on the frame where the bumper mounts? They look a bit chewd.

That's awesome. I wish I coulda done a frame off when I'z in skewl - but no cash flow...

good luck

agent_orange_71

Loc.
Bluefield, WV
Looks awesome. Keep the pics coming when you get to work on it again. I left for school last sunday, just BARELY got mine rolling before I left. Good luck this semester.

Tgure

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Phoenix
Lookin good Brutis ;D Keep the pics coming I like to see other peoples work keeps me motivated. ;)

OP
OP
brutis72eb

brutis72eb

Bronco Guru
Loc.
South Carolina
Thanks Guys! Im going to miss working on him but I think it will be a good break. I will probably get that fixed after I get everything done maybe next summer unless there is a major problem with leaving it and I have to address it now. Ill check in periodically on the forum and see how everyone is doing. I love this site, we are such a tight community and I want to see progress on EVERYONES bronco when I check back in, thats an ORDER!;D Ill see yall soon;)