• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!

OP
OP
Gravel Maker

Gravel Maker

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sacramento
Time to start planning what you are going to do this winter, I say there is no time like the present to think Links ;)

OP
OP
Gravel Maker

Gravel Maker

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sacramento
We had a helluva day here, it seems one of our competitors is getting banned all over for non delivery and everyone is coming to us (Can't blame'em ;))

OP
OP
Gravel Maker

Gravel Maker

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sacramento
Just back from a big day at the Ultra 4 Stampede in Reno, I can tell you it was a violent course and less than half finished!

apachetech

Loc.
Mountain Home, Idaho
Would your link system work for a vehicle that sees more daily driving than trail use? I saw a competitors 4-link system that said it was not suggested for a daily driver.

OP
OP
Gravel Maker

Gravel Maker

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sacramento
Would your link system work for a vehicle that sees more daily driving than trail use? I saw a competitors 4-link system that said it was not suggested for a daily driver.
It is all in the setup. If I were building a DD that onlt rarely sees offroad I would do things differently. I would build a single triangulated (upper) 4 link, leaving the lower rear with no more that 10 degrees triangulation. My only issue with a 4 link on the road is rear steer from the likes of potholes at 60mph. With a double triangulated rear that can get scary, single avoids the issue entirely.

Give me a call if this didn't explain it well enough.