• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

The Weekly H-Boost/Chevy disk Discussion!

OP
OP
BG's 68 Bronco

BG's 68 Bronco

I will make sure I have it at the higest point and I do have them on correct with bleeder at top, plus the fact the calipers has L and R on them, hopefully I can't screw that up!

Thanks S.UP and Bludorbronc!

nhopman

Don't know if it's been fully resolved or not, but I talked to a local Vette mechanic and he said when using the Vette MC, be sure you get the one that is made for use with a brake booster and not a manual brake system and that the reservoir closest to the booster is the one for the front brakes.

I asked specifically about using this MC with the Astro Van Hydroboost. He said some of the Vette guys are making this conversion as well.

HTH

POWERBRAKEBOB

Hydroboost Conversions

HI GANG! I'M NEW HERE, but our company, POWER BRAKE SERVICE was est. in 1950. We worked on Packards, Edsels, Diamond T's etc, when they were new. When the Bronco came out, we started installing dual hydrovacs by the left front fender well, to add power brakes. We also pioneered the Midland power brake unit for street rods. We went through the dual dia vacuum boosters, and still use them, but our favorite now is the Hydroboost. We have been doing hydroboost conversions for 25 years. We are the only authorized distributor out side of the automakers to be able to distribute/install NEW BOSCH/BENDIX boosters in the U.S. Bosch bought the Hydroboost system from Bendix in 1995, and now they produce it. We ahve a full line of new units and also rebuilt hydroboosts for conversions. 4 disc set ups almost require h/b's. Going back to the low pedal situation, either the booster/master unit is not returning all the way for the master to draw down more fluid, or, the caliper bracket is twisted, causing the caliper to retract on release. There must be no daylight between the pad, caliper, and rotor. any clearance will cause low pedal by using up the fluid to push the caliper straight. The larger reservoir always goes to the front brakes. In the case of the Corvette master it is the forward bowl and port. We also have a beautiful set of braided stainless hoses to hook it up easily. The hoses have a "Banjo" swivel swedged on on end, and use aeroquip adaptors on the other end, with cut to length hoses. Please look at our website, "POWERBRAKESONLINE.COM" for info on new hydroboosts