• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Thermostat Housing

mdawson

I just want to thank everyone here for all the info that this site has provided me over the last few years. Although I have been silent, I constantly am reading to get the advice needed. This time I am going to have to ask for your help as I have not been able to find what is needed. My problem is I have installed the Pro Flo 4 on a 69 351w engine and am in need of a thermostat housing that fits the Edelbrock intake and is a 90 degree. I tried one I had laying around off of a 1967 289 engine and fits as it should but is the stock 45 degree, and I have also tried the ones by Dorman and Gates but they do not match the intake. The by pass hole extends beyond the intake which leaks badly.( would include a picture but not quite sure how to do so, sorry.) Any advice is appreciated.
Thanks
Mike

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey Mike welcome into the light!
Very odd that anything doesn’t fit the mounting since as far as I know Ford never changed the thermostat housing flange design/size through all the years. So Edelbrock shouldn’t have either.
Maybe the Dorman was mid-boxed for another type of engine?

But either way something for a 97 through 01 Explorer might do the trick. I think the 86 through 93 mustangs also had the correct 90° angle, but I forgot.
However I do think that’s the one that we sell. It’s a 90°, has an extra bung for a temperature sensor if you need it, and should fit the intake.
I’ll post a link when I get back to the computer, but it should be the same that’s available locally.
Unless they just can’t get them right now.