• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Things NOT to do to a Bronco.

EricLar80

Bronco Guru
[quote author=truemouse link=board=5;threadid=10006;start=0#72262 date=1034184720]<br>On a similar note, putting on Explorer, Expedition, Maverick, Pathfinder or Navigator badges on it.<br>[/quote]<br><br>Actually , having an Explorer badge on it isn't so bad. Ford used the Explorer name on the Bronco to detremine the creature comforts on it, just how they use "XLT" or "sport" today. So they came from the factory with that on there. <br>-Eric

67halfcab

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Michigan
Using ANY Jeep part on your Bronco.<br>Using ANY Chevy Drive Train parts on your Bronco.<br><br>Basically using ANY NON-FORD parts on your Bronco! :mad:

Hnrys69

Bronco Guru
Lol guess you wont like my truck then... I got neon lights inside and out.<br><br>Im not lowering it, but Slammed broncos are sweet if done right.<br><br>

rednck21

[quote author=t2jeff link=board=5;threadid=10006;start=15#72344 date=1034204922]<br>no, but wore some shop glasses home one time with my girlfriend. We looked like two goons! LOL rain does not feel good on your face at 40 mph. Had no top or bikini top. Just the windshield and glasses!!<br>[/quote]<br><br>try driving without the glass either.....been there done that and still havent replaced it! ;D

Tuck

[quote author=HNRYS69 link=board=5;threadid=10006;start=15#72391 date=1034214715]<br>Lol guess you wont like my truck then... I got neon lights inside and out.<br><br>Im not lowering it, but Slammed broncos are sweet if done right.<br><br><br>[/quote]<br><br><br>Here comes trouble...

OP
OP
T

truemouse

Loc.
Fear and Loathing in Lakewood (WA)
[quote author=HNRYS69 link=board=5;threadid=10006;start=15#72391 date=1034214715]<br>Lol guess you wont like my truck then... I got neon lights inside and out.<br><br>Im not lowering it, but Slammed broncos are sweet if done right.<br><br><br>[/quote]<br><br>Cartman "It makes you feel goooood"

jerry74explorer

Loc.
Baton Rouge, LA
Explorer Tag on the Glove Box<br>Late Model Front Axles<br>Chebby 14 Bolt Rear Axles<br>Full width axles at all!<br>Hummer Rims<br>Suzuki Rear View Mirror<br>Heep Spare tire rubber mounts as bumpstops for head on roll cage mounted seat belt<br>Volvo Seat Belts<br>Arab Oil<br>Engines that didn't come stock<br>Transmissions that didn't come stock<br>Gears tires coils leaf springs tire carriers bumpers etc that didn't come stock<br><br><br><br><br><br><br>Hell I hate all that shit!!<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>Wait thats all in or going in my 74!! <br><br><br><br><br>Guess i'll just have to hang my head in shame when I drive over the heeps on the trail!! <br><br> ;) ;)

Hnrys69

Bronco Guru
[quote author=76Broncofromhell link=board=5;threadid=10006;start=30#72490 date=1034244602]<br>Put anything on bought in the accessory department at Kragen's.<br>[/quote]<br><br><br>Lol thats where I got my purple dot tail light inserts... Man you guys are gonna hate my truck when I post pics next week (

ford67bronco

Loc.
Wisconsin
I think the biggest thing not to do to an EB is sell it, about eight years ago I had a 76, 302, c-4, front disks, power steering, the engine started to get weak and the t-case wouldn't go into 4 lo, and not having the money at the time to fix it some guy offered me $650...and I let it go. :-[ It was $150 more than I paid for it in the first place but I was kickin myself in the a$$ for doing it till I found the 67 I have now...and the bad thing about it is that the guy I sold it to is still driving it around on his farm, never did any work to it and it is still going, he said it pukes oil and smokes pretty bad and was rolled over once but it still going...but he did tell me that if he decides to get rid of it he will give me the first shot at it. :D

t2jeff

Loc.
Playa Del Rey, CA
its funny to read stories like this. Out here on the west coast, I could probably get a bumper and a flat tire for about $650............

66horse

Bronco Guru
[quote author=t2jeff link=board=5;threadid=10006;start=30#72577 date=1034280451]<br>its funny to read stories like this. Out here on the west coast, I could probably get a bumper and a flat tire for about $650............<br>[/quote]<br><br>well a beat up bumper maybe. ;D

Tazz

Loc.
Sac. River Delta, CA
[quote author=66horse link=board=5;threadid=10006;start=30#72580 date=1034281549]<br>[quote author=t2jeff link=board=5;threadid=10006;start=30#72577 date=1034280451]<br>its funny to read stories like this. Out here on the west coast, I could probably get a bumper and a flat tire for about $650............<br>[/quote]<br><br>well a beat up bumper maybe. ;D<br>[/quote]<br><br>Just picked up a 67. Solid floor pans, no rust in the tailgate, doors or rockers, has been cut, but very little body damage. Needs a motor, could use new front fenders, already has a 44 up front. $650.00. :) ;D

Kansas Corey

Loc.
NorCal (East Bay)
Hate to disagree with a Bronco owner, but "The Great Justino" said not to spend money on a nice paint job and then not drive the Bronco because you don't want to ruin it.<br><br>I think it is a great idea. That is how I bought my first Bronco. Buy lived in Arizona and bought it to run the dunes in. After a while decided to have a new paint job put on it. After the new paint his wife would not let him take it into the dunes anymore because it might scratch the new paint job. They then moved to Nebraska where I bought it from him for a very good price. Just wich I had not sold it.<br><br>Anyone have a Bronco for sale with a nice new paint job (preferably very cheap)?

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
Ok guys one more. Do not ever come to a Bronco site and tell everyone you just bought a Bronco for LESS than $1000. That is really rubbing it in !!! I cant find a hunk of s%@& for five or six hundred bucks. I need a parts truck, a rusty old parts truck , even if it doesn't run parts truck. Can't find one around here. You guys should play the lotto ! ;D

brewdude

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Groveland, CA
OK, I can see not using a ch#vy enging or drive train and I might pi$$ off some purists but if a part comes from a manufacture that make parts for Ford, ch#vy, or whatever is that really wrong? Like my ch#vy front disk conversion the parts are made by the same company that makes parts for Ford. What is the difference? Because one say ch#vy and one says Ford your not going to put it in? The only real differance is the part number.