• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Thinking about selling the L and building one of there to match the Bronco

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass
Well since I don't drive the Lightning much, if any anymore, I am thinking of selling the Lightning and buying a grabber orange Mustang GT with a automatic, then throw on a Saleen Blower, and make it look like this. For what I could sell the Lightning, and with a X plan I can get on a Mustang, I might be able to walk away close to even.

side.jpg

I could make a great little bracket racer

And would look cool next to the bronco
normal_byob1.jpg

What do you all think??

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Hell yeah.. You don't need the lighting since you got the bronco.. Get rrr done.. :eek: :cool:

Devin

Bronco Kineticist
I think that would be pretty sweet. However, if I have always been a fan of the "sleeper". Everybody expects a Mustang or a Lightning to be fast. I think you should go out and get some old beater and turn it into a screamer that nobody would expect. ;D ;D

TN1776

Bronco Guru
Don't do it man... I had an 06 GT and sold it already. Don't get me wrong, they are very fun, but they are not a very well made car. Mine was noticeably burning oil at 10,000 miles and Ford wouldn't do so much as a compression test. The paint seemed to chip when you looked at it wrong, and the interior had several annoying rattles, all within the first year. Hang onto the Lightning or sell it and buy a real sportscar...

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
I think that would be pretty sweet. However, if I have always been a fan of the "sleeper". Everybody expects a Mustang or a Lightning to be fast. I think you should go out and get some old beater and turn it into a screamer that nobody would expect. ;D ;D

Yeah like a pinto:-X ;D I say if you don't drive it then get something you will.;)

OP
OP
DonsBolt

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass

I allready have one of those "sleepers" it is called a Bronco;D

With 340 HP 456 gears and the 5 speed, it really surprises a lot of pretty fast cars when the light turns green. I have beet a few Mustang GT's, gave a Mazda RX 8 a run for it's money this past weekend, and dusted a Mini the other day. I even out ran a Honda S2000 at the dragstrip last season, though he fell asleep at the tree.%)

Don't do it man... I had an 06 GT and sold it already. Don't get me wrong, they are very fun, but they are not a very well made car. Mine was noticeably burning oil at 10,000 miles and Ford wouldn't do so much as a compression test. The paint seemed to chip when you looked at it wrong, and the interior had several annoying rattles, all within the first year. Hang onto the Lightning or sell it and buy a real sportscar...

Well I appreciate the heads up, maybee I will have to rethink what I will replace the Lightning with.

YellowBronc

Bronco God
Why would you want to buy a Mustang that would be close to the same color as your Bronco??? ;D ;D ;D ;D

Sounds like your plans for the Mustang would be great. I have no complaints at all from my '05. Plus, Ford seems to be doing better than most might think. At least less complaints for the Mustang! The Ford Mustang ranked as the most problem-free "Midsize sporty car" (JP Power and Assoc) http://www.cnn.com/2007/AUTOS/06/06/jdpa_quality/index.html

Anyway, go for it! I'm leaning toward the Rousch Supercharger? Mines a daily driver mainly for my better half.;)

OP
OP
DonsBolt

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass
Why would you want to buy a Mustang that would be close to the same color as your Bronco??? ;D ;D ;D ;D

Sounds like your plans for the Mustang would be great. I have no complaints at all from my '05. Plus, Ford seems to be doing better than most might think. At least less complaints for the Mustang! The Ford Mustang ranked as the most problem-free "Midsize sporty car"

Anyway, go for it! I'm leaning toward the Rousch Supercharger? Mines a daily driver mainly for my better half.;)

Well I have allways loved the Orange Mustangs Parnelli Jones drove in the 70's Plus it would be cool to have two orange vehicals. Not many people have one orange vehicals, let alone two. Plus I am just weird.

I would look into the Saleen Blower, while the roush is a nice unit, the Saleen is a much better blower, plus it looks so sexy.

supercharger_body.jpg

When tuned right it the hot setup in a 3 valve mustange

YellowBronc

Bronco God
Well I have allways loved the Orange Mustangs Parnelli Jones drove in the 70's Plus it would be cool to have two orange vehicals. Not many people have one orange vehicals, let alone two. Plus I am just weird.

I would look into the Saleen Blower, while the roush is a nice unit, the Saleen is a much better blower, plus it looks so sexy.

supercharger_body.jpg

When tuned right it the hot setup in a 3 valve mustange

I'm definetly going to have to compare those. For some reason I had in mind the saleen blower looked like the paxton type. (What was I thinking?) I do like the looks of the Saleen also! It probably comes down to finding someone to trust to tune it correctly after it's installed.

I was also teasing ya about the same colored vehicles 'cause I ended up doing it.
<-------check avitar to the left

I also would have bought the orange if it was available for '05.

OP
OP
DonsBolt

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass
I'm definetly going to have to compare those. For some reason I had in mind the saleen blower looked like the paxton type. (What was I thinking?) I do like the looks of the Saleen also! It probably comes down to finding someone to trust to tune it correctly after it's installed.

If you could live without the Mustang for a few weeks, this is where I would send it. They are by far not the cheepest, but they do awesome work.

www.teamjdm/com

This is the place that built my Lightnings motor

Slick

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Petoskey, MI
I don't blame ya!

I'm even kick'n around the Idea of swap'n my BRONCO for a comparable mustang (65-70 fastback) or a convertable 5.0 style (87-93) built and tuned etc...

Only catch is I'd have to finish the Bronco! LoL ...and I like the Bronco too much, so it'd have to be a pretty cherry mustang.

OH! on a side note, I rented an 05 mustang back in 05 from Hertz and... :( sadly I concur, they are a cheap feeling car. The interior had WAY too much plastic... THAT DIDN'T FIT too well and doors rattled/sounded like soda cans when ya closed 'em. It was on par with a Probe as far as finish inside. I was ALL ABOUT the new mustangs... till I rented that 1, now I just like the GT500's ;)

:cool:

:cool: