• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Thinking of getting a fold and tumble rear seat

Knifemaker

Loc.
Youngsville, La.
Been looking at Wildhorses and Toms Bronco between the two which one is preferred or do you have a better choice in the $270 price range? Dont want to mod up a seat.

stock orange

I have a black one from Tom's. New in the box that I can am looking to sell. PM me if interested. I decided to go back to stock style with personal touch.

OP
OP
Knifemaker

Knifemaker

Loc.
Youngsville, La.
Thanks for offer as of yet was hoping to get a little input from everyone on CB before I decided to do this but will keep you in mind . Would'nt hurt if you put where your from with your name.

Dbarnes72

Loc.
Eastern Wa.
I have the Besttop seats that is made for one of the jeeeps. It just barely fits between the wheel wells. Don't know if the two you mentioned are the same dimensions but it would be nice if they were about an inch narrower. Doesn't give you real feedback but it could be an issue over time.

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
Also looking as well. I called Rugged Ridge, Bestop, and Smittybilt and Bestop was the only company that would send me fabric samples. I have them sitting here right now. Just need to find some material that will match for the front 05 Mustang seats Im having re-done.

It sounds like most people get that 42" seat to fit between the fenders. Its Bestop # 39435. Part # 39439 is 35" wide. Those are the ones with headrests. Do these seats come with some sort of mounting brackets?

Picking up center console # 13103 which is from Rugged Ridge

Dbarnes72

Loc.
Eastern Wa.
Do these seats come with some sort of mounting brackets?
/QUOTE] There is a bracket ln both sides in front that makes the pivot point and a center latch in the back. I made a plate in the back that will be used to mount the seat belts.[

Big D

If you look at the Jeep JK 2 door. That back seat will barely fit. These seats come with the seat belt latch attached, head rests, and the hooks for child seats.

darkmagus

Not great photos but I have jeep TJ seats in mine. Rear folds and tumbles.

52c0acb1c381a21e2ba9ab41ef9eed6c.jpg

6d057dfbb3ef4e90d3fdb8ea441eb998.jpg

zimm

Loc.
N. Weymouth, MA
I have the narrower best top fold and tumble(35"'?) with headrests, comes with mounting brackets. Kinda wish I got the wider 42" but I use the extra space to hold my fire extinguisher

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
I have the narrower best top fold and tumble(35"'?) with headrests, comes with mounting brackets. Kinda wish I got the wider 42" but I use the extra space to hold my fire extinguisher
Any photos? How much room between the seat and the fenderwells?

xcntrk

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NOVA
I have the Besttop seats that is made for one of the jeeeps. It just barely fits between the wheel wells. Don't know if the two you mentioned are the same dimensions but it would be nice if they were about an inch narrower. Doesn't give you real feedback but it could be an issue over time.
I have the TJ width Bestop fold & tumble seat as well. It's a little tight but the cushion provides enough "give" for it to not be a problem. I've been using it for 3 years without any rubbing/scuffing on my finished fender wells.

smokinjoe

Bronco Guru
Loc.
New Braunfels, TX
What we need to do is design a quick release setup that folds forward for the stock rear seat, pickup some storage room in back. Obviously the stocker couldn't fold in half but plenty of room to pivot forward.

Hmmmmm to the drawing board Robin . . .. .

BoureeOne

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Madisonville, La
What we need to do is design a quick release setup that folds forward for the stock rear seat, pickup some storage room in back. Obviously the stocker couldn't fold in half but plenty of room to pivot forward.

Hmmmmm to the drawing board Robin . . .. .

This the exact reason why I like the Mitsubishi Seats in the thread I mentioned above. If you look at post 13 of that thread, I show how the seats worked in the Montero before I took them out at the pull a part. I love this setup because it opens up the entire rear floor.

zimm

Loc.
N. Weymouth, MA
Here are the pics of my fold and tumble, its the narrower TJ best top seat.

Attachments

• photo 1(1).JPG
    photo 1(1).JPG
    105.2 KB · Views: 124
  • photo 2(1).JPG
    photo 2(1).JPG
    123.7 KB · Views: 109
  • photo 3(1).JPG
    photo 3(1).JPG
    100.4 KB · Views: 121