• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Thoughts!? Complete 1996 Eddie Bauer Explorer sale/trade?

matt w

Bronco Guru
So I have a complete 1996 Eddie Bauer Ford Explorer, I have had it about 7 months.

I was going to pay to have the engine and Trans thrown into my bronco but because of cost and downtime I have decided to use the FiTech throttle body efi.

The miles on this Eddie Bacer is 227350. I have tried to start it and it cranks over but fuel does not get to the engine to keep it running. I've been told that the fuel pumps in the tank can dry out and this why it won't send fuel.

My question is how much do you think I could sell it for? I'm told the serpentine system alone could be worth 300.00 or so?

Shoot I would trade this for the FiTech purchased and installed straight across if someone in the so cal area was open to that idea! ?

The Explorer has decent tires and I used a dolly to get it to my house. As stated I'm in so cal. The Antelope Valley area.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Matt W.

broncodriver99

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Glen Allen, VA
I paid $800 for an '01 Eddie Bauer with 170K and brand new tires that needed a trans. Not sure the difference in the CA vs VA market but you are probably around that same price point for a non runner.

OP
OP
matt w

matt w

Bronco Guru
I paid $800 for an '01 Eddie Bauer with 170K and brand new tires that needed a trans. Not sure the difference in the CA vs VA market but you are probably around that same price point for a non runner.

Thanks ... I might have to post up in the bronco classifieds I guess.

Anyone else have input?

No1hedberg

Loc.
Buckhannon WV
2 wheel drive brutha ! ;D:cool:

Just too much $ to pay someone to do the conversion.

I'm a nuts and bolts guy - engines and Trans are way above my pay grade! %)

There are also Ranger guys interested in those for V8 swaps. 2WD transmissions won't work with most 4R70W/D20 adapters. At least they won't work with the one I bought.

OP
OP
matt w

matt w

Bronco Guru
There are also Ranger guys interested in those for V8 swaps. 2WD transmissions won't work with most 4R70W/D20 adapters. At least they won't work with the one I bought.

I understand that advance adaptors sells an adapter to mate the d20 to thtbtransmission and that it will work.

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
Front Serp - $200 to $350 depends on completeness, mileage, and if you do some cleaning. High mileage timing covers have bolts that break off...

Tranny - either will work in a swap, just more involved with 2wd. 4wd seems more desirable these days. A Core, as in rebuild-able, is $200-300. 98^ have most of the upgrades done.

8.8 rear end - Jeep guys want them $250 - $350

Tires and rims - $150 and up depending what rims you have and how old the tires are.

People always looking for body parts. Hood, fenders, doors, hatch

Complete motor, 96 GT40 heads seem to be the popular ones. 97^ P-heads limit you exhaust manifold choices. 99-01 have returnless fuel systems.
ECU with a complete harness Low mileage or High... $200 and up

You have to have a clear title, place to store it, then have it towed away... More if it does not roll, then Deal with the Craig lister's, Tire kickers, Picture collectors, non-responders to your replies... ETC.

I just did it on a 96 that was t-boned... 127,XXX

No1hedberg

Loc.
Buckhannon WV
I understand that advance adaptors sells an adapter to mate the d20 to thtbtransmission and that it will work.

Tranny - either will work in a swap, just more involved with 2wd. 4wd seems more desirable these days. A Core, as in rebuild-able, is $200-300. 98^ have most of the upgrades done.

My bad guys. The adapter I got from Wild Horses only works with AWD transmission. I guess there are other variations from Advance Adapters that will work with 2wd, but all of those require the main shaft to be replaced.

OP
OP
matt w

matt w

Bronco Guru
Front Serp - $200 to $350 depends on completeness, mileage, and if you do some cleaning. High mileage timing covers have bolts that break off...

8.8 rear end - Jeep guys want them $250 - $350

Tires and rims - $150 and up depending what rims you have and how old the tires are.

People always looking for body parts. Hood, fenders, doors, hatch

Complete motor, 96 GT40 heads seem to be the popular ones. 97^ P-heads limit you exhaust manifold choices. 99-01 have returnless fuel systems.
ECU with a complete harness Low mileage or High... $200 and up

You have to have a clear title, place to store it, then have it towed away... More if it does not roll, then Deal with the Craig lister's, Tire kickers, Picture collectors, non-responders to your replies... ETC.

I just did it on a 96 that was t-boned... 127,XXX

I have the title. .. I have not transfered it so whoever wants this can have at it!