• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

AL Thoughts on this $125,000 bronco on eBay

sxr800

The one thing that sticks out to me is the seats. I like that they are not baha of some sort which is a nice switch up from the norm.
That being said, the price is crazy. Its a bronco?? but some guy with bottomless pockets will probably buy it cause its a cool early Bronco ( they are rare you know ). and it will probably be his first bronco cause he never knew of them till recently. He has owned a late model Jeep though...

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
After a good look-see at the link I would have to say 45K max.

There is just no there,.... there.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I think it's way out of my price range, and I would spend that kinda $$ on something like a tropic island or something, haha

Slednut10

Contributor
Guru? That's funny!
Even for $55K I would expect the correct trim for the tilt column, a shift boot that actually covers the shift handle and stainless button heads instead of crappy pop rivets for the flares..............

smokinjoe

Bronco Guru
Loc.
New Braunfels, TX
It's a pretty truck for sure, but not 6 figures pretty!

How tall is the BL? Those bumper gaps look gigantic, for 6 figures they could've done something there IMO

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Even for $55K I would expect the correct trim for the tilt column, a shift boot that actually covers the shift handle and stainless button heads instead of crappy pop rivets for the flares..............

lol, yes sir. Great point

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
Its still available on their site. http://classicfordbroncos.com/i-22385976-brittany-blue-coyote.html Now IMHO it is not a 125K bronco. Being a business owner etc. and understanding the cost of employees, overhead, insurance and all of that this is in the price range of a Nicks Trix and that is a bronco you can clearly see exactly what you are paying for. Not trying to knock their build, photos look great but I have seen quite a few photos of broncos that look beautiful on paper and in person they were far from perfect as the photo made them appear. They claim custom and I do not see it outside of the coyote.... off the shelf bolt on seats... not custom.... oh they changed the layout of the dash... no they didn't they just used an off the shelf bolt on replacement... not custom. This is on par with a Build-A-Bronco and that is OK but it needs to be called what it is. Again I am not trying to knock what appears to be a nice build but I wish people would not throw around the word custom because it is quickly becoming not the same definition I grew up knowing if you catch my drift. I think 75K is where this bronco should be with what it has and from all of their builds this is as loaded as they have made to date and is at the highest end of his pricing point. Now if he finds buyers for it then great, that means our beloved EB's are gaining notoriety and value however I think if somone spent that money then saw what a real custom rig in the same price range they will feel duped, pissed off and people will be more apt to complain about being screwed over than they would be willing to praise which with enough of that going around as is with the scams etc. it will make it very difficult for new and even existing quality builders to get recognized.

Last edited:

TheGanzman

Loc.
San Clemente
As an "Elder Statesman" of vehicle restoration/restification/building, and as a self-professed "Imagineer", I must agree w/the previous statements. On a build at this price point, I want to see "innovation"; I want to see "clever", along with what I would EXPECT from a 6-figure "Street Rod" (can we agree to call it that, since it's not "Stock"?); to wit: Better than factory panel gaps, KILLER paint that's been wet-sanded, extra high-end interior treatment, fully detailed undercarriage and underhood, etc. At a price point such as this, *I* would want to see independent rear suspension, perhaps a late model front suspension grafted in, LED lighting all-around, and amenities like GPS, back-up camera, CUSTOM center console, CUSTOM gauges, extensive sound/heat insulation, power windows, LOTS of stainless bits, etc.

Pardon my (earned) arrogance, but I am STILL waiting to see THE "Killer Street Rod Bronco Build" at ANY price point! I live in SoCal, where you can't swing a dead cat w/out hitting a DOZEN killer street rods/customs at even the lowliest and most informal "Cruise In". I can drive up to Venice and see some VERY nice custom work being done there too; now where's the REALLY killer Chip Foose Bronco (Yeah, I know they built one, and it WAS "nice", but it wasn't KILLER NICE, IMHO) - the one with some changed body lines maybe; some PHENOMENAL suspension mods, 500+ manageable horsepower, paddle shifters, heated/cooled seats...

Sorry - caffeine-induced rant off...:-[

Dave K.

Heck, at a price of $125K the last thing I would be hunting for is a fluffed up Bronco. I would never pay more than 35K for one. Prices for $125K is for folks who lack smarts but not money......

1sicbronconut

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The Twin stick seems to be missing one of the sticks from what I can see. At the very least they should have done some custom sheet metal work to cover up the body lift gaps, thinking you need a body lift maybe for the Coyote swap.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Heck, at a price of $125K the last thing I would be hunting for is a fluffed up Bronco. I would never pay more than 35K for one. Prices for $125K is for folks who lack smarts but not money......

yeah, kinda what I was thinkin as well. Or someone like Keifer sutherland

LSUpete

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'll sell you mine for HALF that amount.

Attachments

• IMG-20130308-00443.jpg
    IMG-20130308-00443.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG00015-20120325-1927.jpg
    IMG00015-20120325-1927.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG00024-20120325-1932.jpg
    IMG00024-20120325-1932.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG03368-20120114-1127.jpg
    IMG03368-20120114-1127.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_0250.jpg
    IMG_0250.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 51

dereksavy

Loc.
BC Broncos Ingram, T
The hours involved building this Bronco is a huge part of the price tag. We build Broncos for a living and employee costs rocket skyward when building one. Everyone here knows that. As far as custom, I guess ours are just that seeing that we design and build in-house.

Dave K.

This Bronc is ideal for someone with more money than sense. Nice body lift--lots of spacers....

I can think of many, many cars I would rather have for that kind of price tag. Think about it this way.... plunk down $125,000 for what is perhaps a fad of sorts or invest in something all original and truly a classic which will have a greater likelihood of appreciating. Simple choice really. This will NOT appreciate in the long run and will appeal to a very narrow crowd. You can buy nice trucks all day long which people are sitting on for $30-40K and have the same ability to sit and look pretty because you be afraid to challenge them even on a curb for fear of scratching them.... waste of money but I'll take the seats which are probably made out of some rare, endangered critter hence the high price....