• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Thoughts on tire carrier for 1974 rebuild?

No Hay

Bronco Guru
Here is a preview of another spare carrier solution that I have been developing which is designed to work with the stock rear bumper. The pictures below are of the first prototype that I have been running on my bronco for the last 8 months or so. The CAD files are almost complete for a design update to improve the usability of the latch as well as some general manufacturability improvements. This setup will bolt up using existing holes and features in the frame and bumper so no modifications are required to the stock components. Future plans include a front bumper mounted Hi-lift jack mount like the prototype shown in the last photo. This bolts up to the stock frame horn locations and moves the stock front bumper out a bit to provide room for the jack in front of the grill. The stock front bumper-ettes can be retained as well. I will post details in the vendor forum as things get closer to completion.

Good looking carrier you have there too!

I love the BOGUS sticker. In '78 (I was 18) KGON radio in Portland sponsored a bus trip to Bogus Basin that a few of us went on. It was one of my favorite ski trips, and the only bus ride I've ever enjoyed ;D

Scott_T

Loc.
Boise, ID
Good looking carrier you have there too!

I love the BOGUS sticker. In '78 (I was 18) KGON radio in Portland sponsored a bus trip to Bogus Basin that a few of us went on. It was one of my favorite ski trips, and the only bus ride I've ever enjoyed ;D

For a local ski hill, Bogus has a pretty nice setup. I have only been here since the early nineties, but would not be surprised if the lodge looks about the same as it did in 1978. However, they have invested in quite a few equipment updates over the last 15 years or so with 3 detachable quads and just recently the addition of snow making equipment to help in the early season. Almost no lift lines unless you are there on a Saturday afternoon and then only a few minutes. Night skiing on probably 50% of the available terrain and season passes are less than $300.