• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

GA Thoughts?

rmk57

Not sure I could put up with a window rattling and banging around lose inside the door. Wouldn't you fix something like that before you sold it?

OP
OP
P

pbutler35

I would think so! Do you think it would be that hard to fix?

Regardless, whats your thoughts on the overall truck?

Price suggestion?

gavindg

Loc.
Westlake Village
Its pretty clean and in good shape.
In auction i wouldn't doubt it will go for less than $30k, so i say 25 - 30k.
The window is an easy fix, i just put mine back together but never use them since i have a bikini top.
Good Luck!

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
Looks fine.
Window is easy fix provided you can get there easy.
Bill of Sale only - so I'd be aware of what your local needs are for registration and insurability.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
If the vin is accurately listed, it's missing a letter, and has one too many numbers correct for a 77' correct.

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
If the vin is accurately listed, it's missing a letter, and has one too many numbers correct for a 77' correct.

Correct.
U15GLA00000 is the correct or expected VIN setup.
U15 series, G for 302, L for Michigan plant, then a single letter (A-D) and 5 digits for the production order/number.

Whoever is going to look at it, be sure they get shots of the drivers door striker and glove box (if they still exist). If not, you might be down to just the frame and some states don't allow for 1 VIN locale to be enough to title it [even if you do claim it]. Which is why he's only got a BoS.

For reference when/if you get a shot of the full tag:
Color Code B - Dk Jade Metallic [as claimed in the ad], Trans code G for auto, DSO for ATL was 21.

But taking a second pass:
The front fenders have also been replaced (or the side markers filled).
Engine bay is blacked (should be body) and was probably done during the respray (along with the fiber hood). So I'd pay close attention to the front end for damage since the clip might have been replaced. And they mention new rad/pitman arm/carb/ign and that's not stock wiring.

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
Is "Bill of Sale only" as stated in description - ok?

depending on your local jurisdiction you may or may not be able to register the vehicle with a BoS only. Since you can't register, you can't get a plate or insurance.

For me, when someone states BoS only, it means they do not hold the title. Therefore a title transfer will not occur.

FL REQUIRES an out-of-state vehicle title transfer when bringing one in:
New to Florida Title Transfers

When you move to Florida from another state, you'll need to get a FL title and vehicle registration, including FL license plates.
To complete a car title transfer with the FL DHSMV, you'll need:
A completed Application for Certificate of Title With/Without Registration (Form HSMV 82040).
Your out-of-state vehicle title to transfer.
Proof of your FL car insurance, such as:
A completed Florida Insurance Affidavit (Form HSMV 83330)...
Vehicle identification number (VIN) verification, which can be:...
Payment for title transfer fees and registration fees:...

I can't get it all together without a title transfer (or title in hand). Some states don't care, some do. Be aware of your local laws and regs.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK

Mercy I butchered the English language above.............let's try again lol.

If the vin is accurately listed, it's missing a letter, and has one too many numbers for a correct 77', correct? And Jax confirmed. This is more like a wagon/302/66' combo VIN lol.

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
In Georgia, titles are optional for cars built between 1963 and 1985. Once a vehicle is registered in Georgia without a title, they will no longer issue one for it. So, if it was sold to the current owner without a title, and registered in his name, you will not be able to get one. If older than 1963 they will not issue a title at all.

OP
OP
P

pbutler35

I currently live in Florida. So would I be able to complete the process here to obtain a title?

I am also concerned about the possible front end damage that was hinted at via all the parts replaced.

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
You can definitely get it registered in Florida. I am sure it will involve a VIN inspection so make sure the number on the frame is visible and matches the one on the BOS, in the glove box, and on the sticker on the door post.

Make sure the BOS is notarized, and have the owner give you the Georgia registration papers and leave the tag on the Bronco. That's all that is required in Georgia.

I would suggest you call your DMV before the purchase and ask what else they will require in Florida.

Last edited: