• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Time Passes on a long build..

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
..and it's amazing how much you'll forget. Today was a classic.

I recently started working on our '69 4.0 EFI V-8 conversion EB again. It's languished for quite a few years. It has not gone well:

1. Bought plug wires and loomed them up. Put a strong bar on the engine to set the nice new Mallory dizzy at #1 so I could finish the wire ends up and land 'em all in the right place. Dizzy not turning. Pull dizzy...no gear. Research on line...instructions say must use OEM gear. Ordered gear.

2. Noticed all sorts of grinding when turning engine over. Pulled starter..obvious minor interference between flywheel and starter nose that is easily fixed. But...still a very noticeable "clunk clunk" when turning engine over by hand. Look through starter hole...no nuts on torque converter studs.%)

ugly74

Bronco abuser
Thats pretty funny...and that is why, if i know a project is going to just sit for a while, i write up a list of what i last did, and what i still need to do...cuz my memory sucks!

OP
OP
bmc69

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
...and that is why, if i know a project is going to just sit for a while, i write up a list of what i last did, and what i still need to do...!

Show off!! :mad:

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
That takes a lot of ...something to admit you lost your nuts.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
wobbly pops have been intstrumntical in my build! :p

Last edited:

WheelHorse

Bronco Guru
Typo?

4.0 EFI V-8 conversion

I was thinking either 5.0 or something super cool like 3.9 LS engine.

lowbush

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Summerland Key, FL
what i still need to do...cuz my memory sucks!

Is that the excuse everyone in CO is using now days?

I got to the point where I had to replace parts that I had already replaced because I could not get to it, my rebuilt carb and new fuel pump had to be redone from sitting.

ugly74

Bronco abuser
Show off!! :mad:

Sheeeit....im an idiot with chronic memory loss and so i need to make lists.
You sir, are the showoff, with all your high dollar, badass projects I can only dream about.
I salute you! Braggart! ;D

OP
OP
bmc69

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Sheeeit....im an idiot with chronic memory loss and so i need to make lists.
You sir, are the showoff, with all your high dollar, badass projects I can only dream about.
I salute you! Braggart! ;D

As long as ya still love me, Dan...it's sawlgood.