• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Time to fess up - you guys are on Pinterest, aren't you?

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
how does that work? I noticed some of those rigs but didn't fit the name?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ksm

Ksm

Bronco Guru
I didn't notice that...how could you when there are THOUSANDS OF PICTURES OF PEOPLE'S BRONCOS? :eek:

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
That's why I as how does that work? I know the owner's of several of those broncos n didn't see their names ?

JSmall

Bronco Guru
How does Pinterest work? Most of the galleries have the same Bronco's in them.

OP
OP
Ksm

Ksm

Bronco Guru
Gottcha. Pinterest is another social networking site but it only uses pictures people find from around the web. The link I put up is a list of boards. Each board is filled with photos random people online "pin" to their board. If you click on the board you'll see what people have collected - a lot of them being photos from this site! Most of the time they don't know who's Bronco it is.

It's also kind of a wish list for people who are building their Broncos. So each Bronco board might be a list of parts they want, photos of colors, general build ideas.

I just thought after finding SO MANY people with Bronco boards that someone on here might have started one.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Just what the world needs-another social networking site.

Rox Crusher

Bronco Guru
hey, stop fooling around on pinterest and get back to building that awesome Bronco APp

:D

lca'73

Loc.
Asheville, NC
Oh ksm, you have just caused these guys to have a serious new addiction. Men try to act like they would never get on pinterest. My husband refused until I showed him all the car stuff and woodworking stuff. Now he gets on more than I do. If he hasn't figured out the girls on cars thing yet, I think I'll keep that one quiet.

I have a bronco board too, but it's private. Didn't want my friends nosin' in on my plans. :cool:

There's a lot on there, but there should be so much more! Get pinning guys!!!

lca'73

Loc.
Asheville, NC
Think of pinterest like you do file folders on a computer. In your documents you might have folders for taxes, business info, home and family information, etc... In each of those folders you might keep stuff you've downloaded from the internet, emails, stuff you've scanned in or even created yourself.

Pinterest is the same thing. You create boards (folders) that are named Classic Cars, Broncos, Tools I Want, etc... Then you can
1. upload stuff from your computer, like pics of your bronco
2. pin images from other sites with a little button that you download and shows up in your task bar
3. pin images from other Pinterest users. This is why you won't see the names of the owners matching the broncos you see. Other people have found and pinned the image of their truck.

Your pins will show up in your individual boards and also on one big board that all pins from all users appear. If you make your board private, only you see your pins.

It's great for keeping up with ideas like ksm said or even creating a christmas or birthday wish list for your lovely bride to pick from. You could go to Wild Horses, find the tools and parts you want, pin the image and put it on a board called "I'll do the dishes for a year" ;)

Like ksm said, the best part is there's little communication on this site.