• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Tire size stock height?

1sick66

Loc.
oregon city
just bought this 66 bronco half cab and want to put a deeper wheel on it. I have a set of 235/75/15 and like the look of a stock wheel. where do i get a deeper 15"?

luke

Not sure about deeper offset steel wheels. You can have them custom made, but hardly worth the price.

Nevadasmith

Loc.
Fallon, Nv
80's moddel f100/f150 "custom" or base model wheels sounds like what you are looking for. IRC they are 15x6.5 with a bit more offset than the 15x5.5 that were stock on an EB, but look very very similar.
Also I suspect you won't have any issues putting 235's on stock eb wheels, good luck

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
What they said. Basically though, the only two ways to get a "deeper" looking steel wheel is to go wider and/or to build in more negative offset (less backspacing). Both of which have their own issues to deal with if you stick with certain other parameters like tire width and such.

So you can only go just so deep with the looks, before you start running afoul of the math.

There is certainly the third method, which is to change the overall shape of the center of the wheel, but that's not commonly done. Certainly not on steel wheels anyway.

Good luck.

Paul

mp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Austin, TX
I have installed 235/75, 30/9.5, and even 31x10.5 on stock bronco rims on unlifted and uncut broncos. Those 235's should be fine on stock rims.