• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

tire size

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
I like the 10.50's with my 2.5in lift. No rubbing on the radius arms at full lock either like 12.50s usually do.

BuffDragon

Loc.
CenTex
I've got a lot of weight on mine, sitting with about 2.5" of lift (squashed 3.5" duff springs)
running 33x12.5's on 15x10 rims. no worries.
I dont wheel mine real hard, so your mileage may vary....

the cut/uncut question was an excellent point though.

GrillMaster

Bronco Guru
I run 12.5 on a 10" wheel but it looks too wide on a 33" tire IMO. I will be going 10.5 on 8" wheels when I come up with some $$$.

I don't have any problems with rubbing. .. I have cut fenders.

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
I have two set ups with 3.5" lift and 33s One is a 10 wide rim and 33 x 12.5x 15 BFG MT the second is a 8 wide rim with 33x 12.5 x 15 Procomp MT and both fit just fine I like the look of the 8 wide rim a lttle better than the 10. I also have a 1" body lift on each truck and could probly get away with 35s on an 8" rim but it would rub off road. I dont think you could get 37s to fit with out a 2" body lift but even that it would be close!

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
To the original poster's question, either should be fine if you're cut. The 12.5" tires will probably rub the radius arms at full lock, but only if you're running the factory arms. If you've got the Duff arms, then you've got nothing to worry about. I can get my 33's to just rub the shock mounts on my CAGE arms at full lock...barely. One turn of the steering stops would fix it, so I guess I'm just lazy.

[Begin thread hijack]
rim is going to be i think 9 inches wide by 16.5 tall. They're the H1 rims. Think they'll rub with 37x12.5's?

H1 rims are 8-lug and have really deep backspacings...so what aren't you telling us? Are you running full-width, 1-ton running gear? Most people weld new centers into the H1 wheels for "standard" off-road applications. What are your plans?
[/End thread hijack]

Tobin

zerostar2410

Contributor
[Begin thread hijack]

H1 rims are 8-lug and have really deep backspacings...so what aren't you telling us? Are you running full-width, 1-ton running gear? Most people weld new centers into the H1 wheels for "standard" off-road applications. What are your plans?
[/End thread hijack]

Tobin[/QUOTE]

getting them recentered to fit the D44 up front and 9 back. I plan to go 60's, custom width, in the future and adapt them to a 5x5.5 pattern in order to keep the tires and rims. I just returned the 2" body lift for a 3"BL and will probably end up going with a 4.5 suspension lift and cut the fenders to the belt line. Think 37's will fit now?