• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Tire/Wheel size recommendations

valdeckner

Loc.
Puyallup, WA
New bronco owner for hunting rig. Question is:

For my 73 with cut out fenders, what wheel and tire size recommendations can I use to get the max clearance without lifting the bronco (rollover worries)?

Thanks for any advice.

sstlaure

Bronco Slacker
You may be able to clear 33x12.5 depending on the size of the cutout. Personally, I'd lift it. With a 3.5" you could clear 33's no problem. (My EB has 7.5" lift)

yak67

Bronco Guru
it depends on the size of the cutouts, but if it is a normal cut out, I think a 31X10.5" mud tire would be great for a hunting rig.

U

Unregistered

Im thinking 35" tires with a 3.5" lift and 2" body lift would be just right for hunting...

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Before I lifted mine 2.5in I could put 33X12.50 no problems (other than the normal tire rub on the radius arms) with both front and rear fenders cut to the old fiberglass fenderflares. I'm now running 33X10.50's with a 2.5 in lift I think these would fit good on an unlifted bronco such as yours and without any tire rub

Mr Joe

Bronco Guru
Here's 33x12.50's with only cutouts...

Attachments

• dsc00497.jpg
    dsc00497.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 172

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
i'm running 31-12.50's with an old set of 2" coils and have lots of room. i'm cut at all four corners, and could easily fit 33's if i wanted. 31's will fit with no rub worries.

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
31's if rubbing is a concern. 33" tires will likely rub if the suspension is at its limits but should still work. (There are extreme cutouts that would easily fit 33" tires though that would not rub)

Keep in mind that tires that are larger than stock will raise the center of gravity of the vehicle and increase the chances of a rollover. I state this simply because concerns about rolling should not be limited to just raised suspensions and if you are that concerned that you will not lift it at all then you probably should also stick to stock height tires.

sstlaure

Bronco Slacker
Make the tire/wheel combo fat to widen your track (go with a 10 or 12" wide rim) if you are truly concerned with roll-over. My only roll-over experience was end over end, lift had nothing to do with it. (If you're doing things in your EB that may cause roll-over, invest in a good cage and tie it to the frame.)