• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Tired of it!!!

twisted77

Loc.
Evansville, Indiana
Have you guys noticed that you can get a lot of the parts you need for these Bronco's off of other trucks and cars?? Wait that was a dumb question. Of course you have.

OK so you go to a site like mustangs unlimited to get a price on a set of seat cushions, the same cushions offered at Bronco only parts places. they are cheaper to begin with and free shipping. That happens a lot it seems like. I mean you can find a lot of stuff out there.

Scott Drake sells to mustang dealers and cougar and so on. I bought a set of mirrors the other day for 50 a piece and found them for 40 a set on a mustang site from Scott drake.

Seems to me like we are getting drug over the coals just for being loyal EB owners.

I myself will do my shopping before I buy and see what these parts where interchangeable with, so maybe I can go to another vendor.

Maybe the Bronco vendors would like to chime in??

Bryce

miikee73

Shadetree Guru
Loc.
Aloha
I agree with you to a point. The quality of the reproduction part is more important than the price. I'm not saying that the Bronco vendors have the best quality,all I'm saying is price is the second consideration when I'm looking at restoration parts. I'll stick with my pitted original door handles before I but the ones off the sites that everyone complanes about.
My seat covers were from Madeforyou in Medford,high quality,the foam on the other hand fell apart within 3 years.
But I hear what you are saying,a lot of the interchangeable parts that all vendors carry come from the same manufacturer. I'll always give the Bronco vendors first look,then go from there.
And shipping is a whole nuther story.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Mustang mirrors are smaller than Bronco mirrors.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Look at how many Mustang part houses are out there. Look at how many classic Mustangs are out there. Easily 20 times more of both than EB vendors or EBs. Because the Mustang hobby is so large, the parts houses sell many more parts and can mark up their parts accordingly - their profits are made by volume, not profit margin.

With such a small market, the EB vendors are naturally going to have a larger mark up and higher overall price.

The same exact item will cost less at Walmart than a small mom and pop store for the same reason.

tcjones76

Loc.
Tyngsboro, Ma
I am not sure but if you tell the EB vendors you deal with that you can get the same for less from the Mustang guys, they may lower their price.

But remember the EB vendor have knowledge and experience specific to the Broncos that the other Ford vendors don't.

Bronco717274

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tremont, Ms.
Order your parts for the same year ford econoline van. Tail marker arm rests and many other parts are the same exact part #. Go to parts store and try it tell them you want a tail light for each van and bronco. Exact part# but you will pay double for the bronco one. Your not getting a better part your getting the same part but your paying for the bronco name on it.

nik

Loc.
Corcoran, CA
I hear you to an extent. That's why it's important to always do your research so you find the cheapest route.

The shipping is another story though. How I can get a part from 1000 miles away for MUCH cheaper than one from a closer vendor really does beat me...especially when you have to return the part from the close vendor because its wrong and the postage you pay back is cheaper than what they charge you and the part is in the same box....

kaw550

Bronco Guru
I would like to know how they calculate the shipping costs!

I know the cost of shipping has gone up but it appears their adding in a hefty handling charge.

sellitall

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Malvern, Pennsylva
I hear you to an extent. That's why it's important to always do your research so you find the cheapest route.

The shipping is another story though. How I can get a part from 1000 miles away for MUCH cheaper than one from a closer vendor really does beat me...especially when you have to return the part from the close vendor because its wrong and the postage you pay back is cheaper than what they charge you and the part is in the same box....

The reason is the tweek to the idea of shipping. Companies add the term "handling" to make it "shipping and handling". Health insurance, employee wages, 401k etc. etc. can allow a venor to charge a consumer this added fee. It sucks, but it beats driving 675 miles to pick up a striker post since it's nonexistant in any parts store within 675 miles of my locale.

Basically, do some research. To ease your frustration, twenty years ago we wouldn't even have a website to complain about this. We would be stuck hoping Ford still had the parts or that the new Four Wheeler had another Bronco company added to the index of advertisers.

Stutsmo

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I agree that it is aggravating to pay more for parts simply because it is for a Bronco. I shop as smart as I can for parts and try to get the best deal possible but I only shop from the Bronco venders. simply because they are out there keeping parts available that support my hobby. I figure I might be paying a little more for the part but our Bronco vendors are the ones that are not only keeping these parts available for us, but they also are developing new parts to help make our Broncos the rigs we all dream of… weather it is a stocker or a crawler. Without the Bronco vendors it would be a lot harder to keep these Broncos going.

Muddy

Loc.
Georgia
I have notice exactly what your describing. Anymore I always check the Mustang sites before ordering items I know are the same and almost always end up ordering from a Mustangs Unlimited, CJ Pony Parts or other simply because of shipping cost. Gotta love the free market.

ilovemaui

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pacific Moist West
I agree that it is aggravating to pay more for parts simply because it is for a Bronco. I shop as smart as I can for parts and try to get the best deal possible but I only shop from the Bronco venders. simply because they are out there keeping parts available that support my hobby. I figure I might be paying a little more for the part but our Bronco vendors are the ones that are not only keeping these parts available for us, but they also are developing new parts to help make our Broncos the rigs we all dream of… weather it is a stocker or a crawler. Without the Bronco vendors it would be a lot harder to keep these Broncos going.

Well said. I like a bargain just as much as the other guy but I do appreciate the fact that I can call these vendors and not only purchase parts but also receive sound advice. Not saying I buy everything from Bronco vendors but I have spent a small fortune.

Same reason I support my local brick and mortar cigar shop. I can buy cheaper on the internet but I enjoy sitting around the cigar shop with fellow cigar smokers shooting the breeze.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco

Right on,I drove my Bronco all through the 80's and most of the 90's with no less than 3 donner Bronco's out back.Now with all the parts the vendors offer I wish I had kept some them donners,they would make for good builds!;D

hc

ford man

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Leesburg Ga
Support the people that support you and what you do.We need bronco venders like mustang people need mustang venders.Yes shipping is out of hand but not totally the venders fault there just passing it on.

Bronco717274

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tremont, Ms.
But what about getting the exact same part # not almost the same the exact same # for half the price by just ordering for a van of the same year??????????????

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
But what about getting the exact same part # not almost the same the exact same # for half the price by just ordering for a van of the same year??????????????

Well where are you getting said parts from? Thats kinda up to you to challenge that vender on pricing.

I'm with Thegreatjustino the mustang places do a lot more volumn and can sell stuff at lower prices than the bronco places. got to figure than in the first 18 month of production more than 1 million mustangs rolled out the door. With something like over 3 million first gen mustang being sold total. compared to the broncos production run of just over 200,000 from 66-77.
Even though many of the parts are the same its that volumn differance that makes the prices lower.

ilovemaui

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pacific Moist West

I've got no problem with that. I always shop around but there part that just aren't available anywhere else. These rigs are expensive to own so if I have a part number I google it for the best price.

Bronco717274

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tremont, Ms.
Go to your ford dealer and order parts I said same exact part # two diffrent prices. How come, delivered to same dealer same dealership yet ones higher, the one with the bronco name.

roundhouse

Bronco Guru
Well where are you getting said parts from? Thats kinda up to you to challenge that vender on pricing.

I'm with Thegreatjustino the mustang places do a lot more volumn and can sell stuff at lower prices than the bronco places. got to figure than in the first 18 month of production more than 1 million mustangs rolled out the door. With something like over 3 million first gen mustang being sold total. compared to the broncos production run of just over 200,000 from 66-77.
Even though many of the parts are the same its that volumn differance that makes the prices lower.

Hes not talking about parts that only fit a mustang, he is talikng about parts that fit both vehicles, the armrests, seat covers etc, are EXACLTY the same part, yet if you tell em its for a Bronco, its costs 20% more.

there is no volume difference on a white armrest, they all fit, vans,mustangs, pickups, falcons etc. the exact same part.

Ford does the same thing, call a Ford dealership and price a part for the powerstroke, the call an international dealer and price the EXACT same part.

The Ford dealer charges almost double.