• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Tired of it!!!

73Russell

Loc.
Federal Way, WA
Yes it does suck that some parts may cost more from our vendors but without our vendors most of us wouldn't be enjoying these broncos. So it pays to support the vendors for the knowledge and parts we can't source

OP
OP
twisted77

twisted77

Loc.
Evansville, Indiana
Not only are these the same parts from different vehicles. They are from the same suppliers that the mustang, van, ext guys parts warehouses are filling there shelves with. But when Bronco vendors buy these same parts and put them on their shelves they go up 20 or 30 %. I think that is a bunch of bull. Plus the shipping is out of this world. I mean lets use some USPS here. Every one knows UPS and FEDEX sucks on prices.

Sure there are part like the wrap trap that is great and cant be bought anywhere else. But there are other stuff that is interchangeable that we should look at. And maybe Our vendors will wake up??

Bryce

70 sport WA

Contributor
I do believe in getting parts from the supplier that will offer the best price. However, there are a couple advantages the Bronco vendors have: first, the innovative and non-OEM equipment that we all love and want.

Second, if I'm buying rocker panel protectors, maybe I'll pick up door handles if I need them, too...it's probably worth it and easier than two different vendors. And by keeping Bronco vendors in business, maybe we help ensure more innovative and cool parts down the road to customize our rigs.

It shouldn't be a secret that parts interchange and some vendors will have better deals. But some benefits of one over the other can't be measured in price alone.

roan65

Loc.
Alaska
Being a classic mustang owner for as well and have delt with all the major parts houses out there, the cheaper items are exactly that CHEAP. There is a lot of junk out there in the mustang world. Being new to eb's I have made a few purchases from the eb specalists and feel prices are in line with quality and price with the mustang houses. I would gladly pay more for good quality and good customer service. Customer service is hard to find these days, but that could be for a whole other thread....

Those that complain about shipping, try living in Alaska....don't get me started.

With all that being said, has anyone ever done a interchange guide for eb's?

Bronco717274

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tremont, Ms.
The parts i have been talking about are the exact same part # made in the exact same damn plant sold by the exact same people not cheaper parts. The same damn parts and they charge more for them because I'm putting them on my BRONCO. KNOW TELL ME THE DIFFERENCE IN THOSE PART'S THERE EXACTLY THE SAME>

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
If your buyng something from Ford and the cost is different then call them on it. I really dont know why they would do that its been awhile since I bought anything from ford but last time I did it was by part number not by vehicle. Basically if your going to buy from ford try ordering them by a part number.
Only thing I can think of is maybe the basic part number is the same but since your asking for a specific year and model then you are getting the part that would be on that model not just the same part or revision that was used on vans up through the late 80's.

But like I said if the part numbers are the same ask the dealer why the price differance. Its up to you/us as customers to try and fix something when its not right.

Last edited:

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Hes not talking about parts that only fit a mustang, he is talikng about parts that fit both vehicles, the armrests, seat covers etc, are EXACLTY the same part, yet if you tell em its for a Bronco, its costs 20% more.

there is no volume difference on a white armrest, they all fit, vans,mustangs, pickups, falcons etc. the exact same part.

Ford does the same thing, call a Ford dealership and price a part for the powerstroke, the call an international dealer and price the EXACT same part.

The Ford dealer charges almost double.

The whole point is that when you have a specailized store that is geared to sell stuff for 3 million vehicles vs a store that is geared to selling for only 200,000 there will be a price differance no matter what parts interchange. Most of those stores wont know what interchanges. All they know is there supplier gives them a better price because they sell more.

Thats almost a given with the powerstrokes its a international engine not a ford engine and with the falling out between ford and international I'm sure ford doesnt get the best pricing and they will charge you more than international because they want to make money as well.

roan65

Loc.
Alaska
The parts i have been talking about are the exact same part # made in the exact same damn plant sold by the exact same people not cheaper parts. The same damn parts and they charge more for them because I'm putting them on my BRONCO. KNOW TELL ME THE DIFFERENCE IN THOSE PART'S THERE EXACTLY THE SAME>

If you are trying to buy original OEM parts, I would agree. However OEM stuff is hard to find, and most of this stuff is remanufactored with the same part number. I know some of the mustang stuff I have bought this is the case. Unless it is in a Ford OEM box you never know what you are getting.

OP
OP
twisted77

twisted77

Loc.
Evansville, Indiana
OK so you guys are saying that you think that a company like Scott drake is charging a company like WH or JB more because they sell less? And so they pass the buck onto us? I find that hard to believe. And this has nothing to do with cheaper made parts, or even who makes the freekin things. Or where they get them. Fact is IF you get something like a Mirror for instance from mustangs unlimited for a said price and it is made by (Scott Drake) or a specific manufacturer, and you buy the same mirror from a Bronco specific parts house. Made by the same manufacturer. IT WILL COST MORE AND COST MORE TO SHIP THE FREEKIN THING AND IT'S RIDICULAS!!!!!!

BRYCE

OP
OP
twisted77

twisted77

Loc.
Evansville, Indiana
I have the room, but not the money. But if I did I would love to get with the suppliers of the parts and start my own EB supply house, and be competitive with the mustang parts suppliers. I think that would be a little more fair. Instead of the big price hike.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Well you hit the nail on the head wether you believe it or not. Plain and simple fact is that suppliers will give different costs to sellers depending on volume. Just look at mass buys the more people they get the less the item will cost. you want to buy it alone its going to cost you more. Kinda like going to costco stuff is generally sold in bulk and tends to be cheaper than buying the same amount of single items.
Shipping is a different subject although still related the more you ship the better the deal you get on shipping. but some companies will jack up the shipping cost to make up for the lower pricing.
Many people have your same thoughts on running a business and of course you would like to offer the best parts at the lowest prices but thats not always going to happen. You have to be able to make money somehow or the business just isnt going to survive.

DevilDog

Loc.
Virginia
Price is ultimately set by the consumer. If EB owners are unwilling to pay the higher price to the smaller EB vendor, prices will either come down, or the vendor will ultimately close.

Walmart does not close the Mom and Pop, it is the consumer who closes the Mom and Pop by choosing to shop at Walmart.

Typically, it also plausible for a larger vendor to receive a discount on the same exact part due to the amount of product they order from the manufacturer compared to the competition. Also, depending upon the cost associated with making a certain amount of product, sometimes selling more at a lower price is still be more profitable that selling fewer units at a higher price.

jim3326

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Appleturkey
OK so you guys are saying that you think that a company like Scott drake is charging a company like WH or JB more because they sell less? And so they pass the buck onto us? I find that hard to believe. And this has nothing to do with cheaper made parts, or even who makes the freekin things. Or where they get them. Fact is IF you get something like a Mirror for instance from mustangs unlimited for a said price and it is made by (Scott Drake) or a specific manufacturer, and you buy the same mirror from a Bronco specific parts house. Made by the same manufacturer. IT WILL COST MORE AND COST MORE TO SHIP THE FREEKIN THING AND IT'S RIDICULAS!!!!!!

BRYCE

I know I pay more when I only order a small amount in my business, it can be as much as 40% more. I also charge more /unit for a smaller order than a large one cause it costs the same to start the machine to make 1 part or 100. If you would wait to make a large order you would cut down on shipping cause they could put more stuff in fewer boxes.

Jim W.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
The main goal of any business is to make money period. Doesnt matter used parts or new parts. I'd say most of there used parts are decently priced. If you need that part and cant wait for it then you'll pay the price or if you need that part and nobody else has it well you either wait or buy what they have. Sure they probably stand to make more money off of used parts but it takes time.
When we sell or give away parts on the forum well were usually not in it for the money on the same note I've seen people try and sell stuff for way more than it usually goes for.

OP
OP
twisted77

twisted77

Loc.
Evansville, Indiana
I know I pay more when I only order a small amount in my business, it can be as much as 40% more. I also charge more /unit for a smaller order than a large one cause it costs the same to start the machine to make 1 part or 100. If you would wait to make a large order you would cut down on shipping cause they could put more stuff in fewer boxes.

Jim W.

The last order I placed was a combined order, I always wait several months maybe even a year if possible before I order. My last order was over 800.00 from TBP

I used to build 435 adaptors for bronco's jeeps well most anything that had tires, and still do. I do all kinds of custom fab work. My price was half that of JBG or any of the other dealers... and I used true shipping cost, used smallest box poss.

I just tend to think that a small mark is of course justified to cover overhead, and to make money. But not to much in order to make the hobby affordable to all that love it. And all our vendors got their start by being Eb owners to begin with.

Bryce