• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Tires : White letters in or out?

MontrealBronco

Loc.
Montreal, Quebec
I still can't make up my mind about the white letters on my tires, on the inside or on the outside :p ... it's a purely cosmetic question but I want to know what the tendancy is...

Jeff

jerry

Contributor
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Definitely in... Unless you're going to mount bull horns on the hood, put fringe trim around the windshield, and (gasp) LOWER IT! :eek:

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
man thats a good question.......I guess it depents on the rig your putting them on. its 50/50 look good either way.

raleigh_bronco

Bronco Guru
[quote author=MontrealBronco link=board=5;threadid=18619;start=0#msg142417 date=1055511767]
I still can't make up my mind about the white letters on my tires, on the inside or on the outside :p ... it's a purely cosmetic question but I want to know what the tendancy is...

Jeff
[/quote]

I just got my tires & wheels yesterday. 33" BFG MT KM's with Eagle 589 wheels! Lettering is out and looks sharp.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
[quote author=MontrealBronco link=board=5;threadid=18619;start=0#msg142417 date=1055511767]
:p ... it's a purely cosmetic question but I want to know what the tendancy is...

Jeff
[/quote]

Its a purely cosmetic thing so leave it that way, Super clean street trucks the letters look great for off roaders or curb polishers letters in.

MKD

Loc.
Edgewood, NM
I would imagine the letters "in" would tend to look best on lifted/modified trucks with the larger tires whereas letters "out" might look good on stock, unlifted trucks with ordinary 235-75-type tires. Since mine is a stock, unlifted, ordinary type, they're "out". But I agree with those who say it's just a preference/cosmetic thing. ;D

velpoe

Loc.
Cumberland, MD
I used to run them out...then for kicks I got em mounted in, and I like that alot better. Especially on my EB, with black steel wheels, it looks alot better IN. Now all my vehicles get mounted in.

wildbill

Old Bronco Guy
??? ??? ??? Y would you get white letters if you didnt want to see them dont figure must be a daaaaaaaaaaaaaa thing. :- :- :- Bill 8) ::) :p

Vin-Man

Loc.
Milford, Illinois
[quote author=wildbill link=board=5;threadid=18619;start=0#msg142478 date=1055520945]
??? ??? ??? Y would you get white letters if you didnt want to see them dont figure must be a daaaaaaaaaaaaaa thing. :- :- :- Bill 8) ::) :p
[/quote]

I agree, I get white letters on purpose and put them out. Hell, when I was in high school and couldnt afford white letters we would buy chalk sticks and painfully color the letters white before going out on saturday night.

boatbldr

Loc.
Fort Collins, CO
Bill, Every tire I've ever seen has white letters on one side. I mount them in cause after getting scuffed on rocks they always end up looking bad.

MKD

Loc.
Edgewood, NM
[quote author=boatbldr link=board=5;threadid=18619;start=0#msg142485 date=1055523088]...cause after getting scuffed on rocks they always end up looking bad.[/quote]

And then there are those of us who wouldn't dream of taking them into rocks!! Rocks? What are them thangs? ;D

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
I think it depends partially on your wheel too. If you've got fancy-schmancy aluminum or chrome wheels then go white letters showing.

If you've got cheap wheels, or black wheels go white letters in.

67halfcab

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Michigan
[quote author=Jerry link=board=5;threadid=18619;start=0#msg142424 date=1055512955]
Definitely in... Unless you're going to mount bull horns on the hood, put fringe trim around the windshield, and (gasp) LOWER IT! :eek:
[/quote]

What does (bull horns on the hood,fringe trim around the windshield, and (gasp) LOWER IT!) have to do with the letters out? ??? ;)
Must be a CA thing or something!

Letters Out! and NO (bull horns on the hood, fringe trim around the windshield) ;D ;D