• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

To cut or not cut

Michael Baggett

Help please looking at buying un cut 75 Bronco. I have no Bronco exsperiance I own a CJ5. Does the Bronco have to be cut to get a decent look with bigger tires etc. Do the doors come off. Looking for bascic Bronco knowledge so I can decide if I want to make the switch.

trlblazr

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Mesa AZ
Of course you want to switch!!!! Check out Bax on the photo gallery. You can get different door hinges that allow you to pull the doors off with no tools.
And most of all, welcome to the best site on the net.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
First, welcome to the site!

Need a little more info on what you plan to do with your new Bronco. If you just want looks and don't care about articulation and more than mild trails, then no you don't need to cut to get big tire looks. You will need to raise it though. (Do a search for "LUBEr") Lots of good looking lifted uncut Broncos out there!

If you do want to offroad it on more than mild trails then you'll need to cut the fenders and do a suspension/body lift.

The doors unbolt and you can buy fiberglass door inserts for a finished look without doors. You can also get aftermarket lift-off hinges to make it easy.

Make the switch - you won't regret it! ;D

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
you mean like this

IMG_1094.jpg

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
x2 on the lifted uncut bronco! It's a great look!

I owned a CJ-7 back in the day, and a TJ I just sold. Jeeps don't compare to EBs! Make the switch!

And, this forum is the place to find Basic Bronco Knowledge! Lots of wisdom around here.

Flintknapper

Loc.
Deep East Texas
Make the switch.

Jeeps are everywhere, Bronco owners are a bit more exclusive.

EB's are built much better than most jeeps as well.

Another thing, what will your "heep" be worth 5 years from now? EB's just keep going up.

casadejohnson

Bronco Alchemist
Buy that Bronco. Cutting needs are based on the tire size you go with. I have an uncut 66 with 31"s and a cut 74 with 35's. I like the look of both.

mustangtoby

Bronco Guru
Loc.
southwest Colorado
The only non ford I've ever owned is an 03 tj I bought just before christmas last year. Biggest mistake of my life. My 69 Bronco just feels like a truck, and the jeep feels like a go-kart. No comparison. I also spend quite a bit of time on jeepforums.com, which is a huge site. They don't come close to this site. In fact, I am part of fullsizebronce.com, F-150.net, allfordmustangs.com, and fordsuperduty.net. These are all good sites, but my favorite and most friendly forum is right here!

casadejohnson

Bronco Alchemist
Checkout wild child for the lift off hinges if you don't need stainless. I'm real happy with mine.

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
Thats a nice Bronco you have there, I love the lifted uncuts. Also how do you like that seat cover, looks good, a nice addition to the Bronco too.;) ;D ;D

Shawn

Interrogative, are you going to big bear bronco bash?

regshawn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Portland
Interrogative, are you going to big bear bronco bash?

I wish!! I hope to make a lot of the West Coast events when I finish the budget Frame-off build. I could kill two birds with one stone, visit the wifes family in Escondido & Oceanside and hit the Bronco Bash on the way home.

Shawn

Colo77Bronco

Contributor
Loc.
Colorado Springs
I have had 3 CJ5s and multiple CJ7s. Multiple freinds with Wranglers. Broncos kick their a++. Most of my friends with well built newer Wranglers would outright trade me in a heartbeat for my Bronco.

Devin

Bronco Kineticist
Make the switch. Like it was said before, Heeps are everywhere. I don't even notice them. But an EB - that is always a head turner. Plus, heeps just don't have any character, IMO.

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
I wish!! I hope to make a lot of the West Coast events when I finish the budget Frame-off build. I could kill two birds with one stone, visit the wifes family in Escondido & Oceanside and hit the Bronco Bash on the way home.

Shawn

well it's time you spend the rest of your children's inheritance and get down here, I live in oceanside and have lived in Escondido,which is far better by far, also my wife says you're in big trouble for the seat cover thing;D ;D ;D ;D

regshawn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Portland
well it's time you spend the rest of your children's inheritance and get down here, I live in oceanside and have lived in Escondido,which is far better by far, also my wife says you're in big trouble for the seat cover thing;D ;D ;D ;D

We talked about driving down there during our kids spring break (end of March) but it will be the Van as the Bronco will be waiting for finishing a few months with my Shoulder surgery.
The wife grew up in Carlsbad, Oceanside and the like. Her Grand father used to own all the A&W's down there at one time. Maybe will have to hook up with the locals and grab a bite to eat and some Beer's!? As far as the seat cover, I hope I didn't step on no toe's just thought you had a good one!;D

Shawn