• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Dana 44 inner c cut and turn

lars

Contributor
Been here awhile
Loc.
NorCal flatlands
Seems to me that a list of people and shops that can perform the cut and turn, in the form of a stickie thread, would be a good idea. Since this topic comes up so often.

jamesroney

Contributor
Loc.
Fremont, CA
Seems to me that a list of people and shops that can perform the cut and turn, in the form of a stickie thread, would be a good idea. Since this topic comes up so often.
If I were smart, I'd just build a bunch of used housings that are cut for a 3.5 lift Bronco. But you kinda have to twist the track bar mount too. And the coil cups start to bow a little.

Problem is, if you are going to all that trouble, you might as well go High Pinion. And a little wider.

Somebody ought to figure out how to put Bronco inner C's on a JK axle. Oh, never mind...Tom's has them in their catalog. only $4800.

Unfortunately, I won't work for money. But this building axles for free is getting silly.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The factory 44 in my 71 was about 1 3/4° positive on one side and 2 1/4 on the other side, if I remember correctly.
That was with 7° bushings and, about 2 inches of lift. Might’ve been 3 1/2 inches of lift, but I think I did my only alignment check before I put the 3 1/2 springs in.
Been a long time! Wonder if I still have the print out… that would be a nice find for me, as it’s been so long the numbers could be way off in my memory. But I do remember them being very low.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
But either way, we’ve talked about this ad nauseam for as long as we’ve been on Internet forums. Far lower caster than expected.
Both with the 30 and the 44 front ends.

Oldtimer

Contributor
Jr. Member with Sr. moments
Loc.
Sunnyvale, CA

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
I usually just use my propeller protractor against one of the machined surfaces set at the degree I want and rotate until the bubble is level.

Attachments

• IMG_1974.jpeg
    IMG_1974.jpeg
    57.2 KB · Views: 15

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
i was skeptical also. i thought for sure those bushings were in backwards, or they werent 7° bushings, so i took it apart, they were in right and they were 7°. I just drew the short straw on the dana 44. the guy welding it probably did it on a friday at 4:45 and wanted to get the hell out of there! ive reached the point where ive had enough of it driving like crap, now i just need to find someone to do it. i dont have the skillset to take this on myself. i know where this goes though, well, while im doing this, i might as well go to an overdrive transmission, and if im going to do that, might as well change the gear ratio's lol. i need to focus!
... and don't forget that you "might as well" put in one of my strokers too!! WTH right?? :)

Have a great week! To me the "best Bronco" is the one you built... do it the way you want.