• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Dana 44 inner c cut and turn

OP
OP
widowmaker77

widowmaker77

Contributor
@widowmaker77
Is the shop floor at 0⁰ and is rear axle on same height jackstands?
The rear tires are still on and sitting on the ground. I can put some under the axle at the same height if I need to?
Im not quite sure what you mean by the shop floor being at 0*? How could I measure that across the distance of the bronco wheelbase?

Oldtimer

Contributor
Jr. Member with Sr. moments
Loc.
Sunnyvale, CA
You have set your caster near 7⁰, but if the rear axle is not at same level as front axle, or shop floor is not horizontal, caster reading will be affected.

OP
OP
widowmaker77

widowmaker77

Contributor
You have set your caster near 7⁰, but if the rear axle is not at same level as front axle, or shop floor is not horizontal, caster reading will be affected.
I see what you’re saying about the rear being the same height. I can put some jack stands under it and recheck castor.
What would you recommend for the shop floor?

OP
OP
widowmaker77

widowmaker77

Contributor
So after work yesterday I jacked the rear up and put it on jack stands. The castor readings did change somewhat from like 7.1 to 6.5. I think I’ll probably just leave it at that. Going to redo those measurements today but I want ri be 100% sure the rear axle is at the same height from the floor AND both axles are level side to side. I’m thinking the shop floor might have a pitch to it.