• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

To LUBR or not to LUBR? That is the question.

Should I lift or keep it stock

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

fla67

Should I lift or just leave her stock?

Suspension Lift 3.5"

Open to opinion. Hit me me with some suggestions.

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 111
  • 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 111
  • Copy of 009.JPG
    Copy of 009.JPG
    151.8 KB · Views: 98
  • tu425.jpg
    tu425.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 163

MattW

Lift it up! I went with a 2.5" suspension and 1" body lift to help avoid the possible issues you can run into with a straight 3.5" suspension lift. The body lift from WH's is well worth it. That extra inch when you're working under it really comes in handy.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
I voted for keeping it stock, but it depends on what else you are planning on doing with it. If you are planning on leaving it fairly stock otherwise, I stick with my original vote. However, if you will be making further modifications taking it further and further away from stock, I'd probably say LUBR it.

2kuwl

Loc.
Wisconsin
I guess it would depend if you are planning on driving on terrain that will cause you to bottom out at the stock height. If it is a street driver, I don't see a need to lift it.

OP
OP
fla67

fla67

Lift it up! I went with a 2.5" suspension and 1" body lift to help avoid the possible issues you can run into with a straight 3.5" suspension lift. The body lift from WH's is well worth it. That extra inch when you're working under it really comes in handy.

Would you mind posting a couple of photos of the after result from your truck? I am interested in more about the benefits of the 2.5" plus 1" bl.

Thank you guys for the input.

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
I am put a 2.5" lift on mine and probably going to run 31's (body is not back on frame yet...wll be in a week).
What size tires are you running currently? Unless you plan to take it on trails or anything, not much reason to lift it, an uncut looks great at stock height.
What color is your Bronco?

ScottC

Loc.
Roanoke
Can I push you in the direction of a 2.5" lift with a deal on a complete Duff kit including rear springs?

Young Army Vet

Loc.
Ft Bragg
I say LOWER it! Just kidding. I like the stock look myself but its whatever you like to see when you walk out to it and start it up! Enjoy the ride.

NYLES

Bronco Guru
Nice ride id go 2.5 but I wouldnt cut it! Even though Im SERIOUSLY thinking about cutting my glass tub for warflares.

Adarcy

I'm close - 2.5" Lift and 31x10.50's on stock wheels. No rubbing here.

Attachments

• 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 117
  • 104.jpg
    104.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 118
  • At the lake_1.jpg
    At the lake_1.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 108

Mac2Night

Bronco Guru
Adarcy,

This is the first time I have seen your '70 to my recollection, she is a beauty!

My vote is a 2.5 or 3.5 and 31x10.50s!

I'm close - 2.5" Lift and 31x10.50's on stock wheels. No rubbing here.