• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Tom's Bronco Parts, $30 floor mats, $15 shipping

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Shipping has nothing to do with the cost of the item - only it's weight and bulk.

trailerjack

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Central Texas
I had purchased quite a few things for my last Bronco from them, but shipping was always a killer.

I started using another vendor, and have bought the same parts, and shipping was on average about 20% cheaper.

Tom's has great stuff though, and maybe my location was more expensive than the competition to ship to.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
I had purchased quite a few things for my last Bronco from them, but shipping was always a killer.

I started using another vendor, and have bought the same parts, and shipping was on average about 20% cheaper.

Tom's has great stuff though, and maybe my location was more expensive than the competition to ship to.

Same here, great service and products, but shipping has killed the deal for me from them. I don't remember this being the case with them when I first started buying parts from them a few years ago. Other vendor shipping hasn't seemed to have changed.

Master Chief

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Shipping has nothing to do with the cost of the item - only it's weight and bulk.

^^^^ This ^^^^

Bulk takes space and adds weight, plus fuel prices are higher...all of this equates to higher shipping costs.

Some companies like Jegs and Summit offer free shipping usually after the shopping cart exceeds a certain limit (like a $100.00). They can do this because they move a lot of product.

Unfortunately, the Bronco suppliers cannot ship for free. I live in Maine and today I worked with Paul (DirtDonk) at Wild Horses to try to get the price of a part, including shipping, lower. He worked three different shippers and they are all within 10 bucks of each other. Because I want to support those who support us, and Paul's outstanding customer service, I will call WH tomorrow and place my order...knowing that I am gonna pay about 30 bucks to ship something from coast to coast.

Roger

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
But even when the product is small and fairly light sometimes the Bronco vendors are the only ones that charge shipping.

I was looking at Yukon Hardcore locking hubs and WH was the only seller that I looked at that said shipping was extra.
Every other seller was the same price but free shipping.

Jfromtn

Loc.
Leoma, TN
I know .ordered 2 door rod clips and window crank knob about 9 bucks and 9 bucks for shipping .could have done one of those 5 dollar flat rate envelopes but I don't know their system .anyway I ordered it.the items were extremely small and light.

camp9k

I orederered some door clips, screws and a small retainer plate and was charged over $15! It would have fit in a small envelope. I still use them for large items that I cant get local since the shipping is right in-inline on that stuff. Its a shame since they carry a lot of the small stuff other suppliers dont carry. I started using vintage car suppliers for clips, screws and other small parts since the shipping is so much cheaper.

00gyrhed

Bronco Guru
unfortunately shipping has turned me off buying a lot of things from bronco vendors. Its a vicious little cycle, but unfortunately it is the way it is. There are so many vendors moving basically the same product to a very small community they don't sell enough to get shipping down and they also charge for handling in some cases because they don't move enough product for that to be efficient either. Its also one of the reasons guys like Tom's, WHs, and BC give superior service. Heck they have time to.

I have bailed on buying from Bronco vendors in the past because Jeep vendor, Summit, Jeggs, or 4Wheel Parts all had the exact same product often cheaper with free shipping.

Its unfortunate but eventually someone will go out of business and every one else's business will go up and possibly change things. I know its not a popular opinion but one day the Bronco fad will end or the market will some how dry up and there just wont be a need for this many vendors.

I am all for helping out those that support us but not when it costs me 50% more on an already full retail price to get it shipped. there a Bronco specific items I live without until I get a big order to together so it all ships in one package, and a lot of things I buy that aren't really Bronco specific that I get from other off road or racing sites.

Its been about 6 years but I bought my Bestop from an off road website (don't remember which) and by the time I paid their reduced retail price and took advantage of their free shipping it was close to half what I would have had to have paid to a Bronco vendor.

dagger

^^^^ This ^^^^

Bulk takes space and adds weight, plus fuel prices are higher...all of this equates to higher shipping costs.

Some companies like Jegs and Summit offer free shipping usually after the shopping cart exceeds a certain limit (like a $100.00). They can do this because they move a lot of product.

Unfortunately, the Bronco suppliers cannot ship for free. I live in Maine and today I worked with Paul (DirtDonk) at Wild Horses to try to get the price of a part, including shipping, lower. He worked three different shippers and they are all within 10 bucks of each other. Because I want to support those who support us, and Paul's outstanding customer service, I will call WH tomorrow and place my order...knowing that I am gonna pay about 30 bucks to ship something from coast to coast.

Roger

Sorry to disagree, but fuel prices are lower now than they have been in several years although this hasn't been reflected in lower shipping costs.

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
When eBay sellers working out of a spare bedroom or garage turned into an office can do free shipping like the other online merchants can, why can't the Bronco vendors?

I start to feel a little like the Bronco vendors are taking advantage of our loyalty.

Casey4wd

Loc.
Austin, Texas
Tom's worked with me on a shipping quote to knock it down to essentially what tax would have been. Not a perfect solution, but I appreciated them working up something.