• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Toms Bronco Parts EB front seats review

Northwest69EB

PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THIS REVIEW IS ONLY MY PERSONAL THOUGHTS AND I IN NO WAY MEAN TO OFFEND ANYONE!

I have been in the market for new seats and started a thread last month about a few seat brands I was interested in. Recently I found a guy near me selling brand new TBP front seats with all the brackets and hardware so I decided what the heck and bought them. I got the seats home and removed them from their boxes, first let me say TBP does a fantastic job packaging these to make sure no damage occurs. The seats came wrapped in bubble wrap and shipping paper was stuffed all around them. A total of three boxes two for the seats and the third was brackets and hardware, I made sure to take inventory of each box and all parts were accounted for :)

The seats themselves are China made very cheap and the vinyl cover material is horrible! As soon as you touch the seats with any sort of dirt on your hands the seat material immediately shows it (no good for off road dust/dirt/mud) and does not wipe off easy. The seat hinges seemed loose so I checked all the allan bolts and found all of them to be loose and wiggle so I pulled each one out and coated it with red locktite then re-installed. After that I installed the included driver and passenger brackets, the brackets are very well made and installation was smooth. After loose installing the brackets to the bottom sliders I loosely bolted the seats into the bronco and made sure everything was lined up. Now because the brackets have slightly oversized and slotted holes each one fit like a glove (very happy) and I was done fit checking. I then torqued the bolts and hopped in the driver seat, I would say the seat height from the floor is set just perfect although I am 5’10” 200LBS so I’m able to reach all the controls just fine. The seats are actually pretty stiff and have good bolstering bottom/back so I was worried they might not be comfy for long trips but after about 100-miles I can report the seats have broken in and I really enjoy them. Side note I did go to Costco and buy the $20 neoprene universal seat cover because the vinyl stains so easy plus it keeps me from trashing the seats while wheeling the truck. Overall I would rate these seats themselves a 6 out of 10 but I would give the TBP adapter brackets 10 out of 10. I honestly thing TBP charges to much $ for these seats because of the cheap construction and crappy vinyl material (all vinyl there is no denim insert) but they will work for a trail/street rig so I will keep them for now. I hope my review will help anyone looking at buying these seats, also I will post picture when I get a chance.

duffymahoney

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I totally agree.

I switched the foam out, then changed to a high grade marine vinyl. Not worth the money. My fabric came ripped as well.

I like their brackets and I like the overall size and fit of the seats. I just didn't want to spend a couple grand making them nice, oh and I added heated seats front and rear:)

Attachments

• 12733400_10153532109013985_496462083781853817_n.jpg
    12733400_10153532109013985_496462083781853817_n.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 151
OP
OP
Northwest69EB

Northwest69EB

I totally agree.

I switched the foam out, then changed to a high grade marine vinyl. Not worth the money. My fabric came ripped as well.

I like their brackets and I like the overall size and fit of the seats. I just didn't want to spend a couple grand making them nice, oh and I added heated seats front and rear:)

Yea that's why I bought them from a local guy half price, I didn't want to spend a ton of cash on seats that would get replaced in a few years. How hard was it to swap out the foam? and where did you find it?
Also where did you find heated seat inserts?