• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

TOMS Premium Bucket Seats - Who has them?

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I saw these Premium seats for the first time at Toms Bronco Parts website. What intrigues me is the Parchment color. These look like very nice seats.

My main concern with aftermarket seats is that you sit too high in them and can barely see out the windshield. Are these seats as low as stock?

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks

chuckyb

Contributor
I want them too. There was a previous thread about this maybe a month ago. A member called and found out they would be in stock later this fall.

BGBronco

Contributor
N A S H V I L L E
Loc.
Tennessee
I would call TBP, they will tell you the real deal. And please report back!

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I called TBP and the Tech guy tells me you will be sitting about 2" higher in these Premium seats compared to stock. They look great, and are a nice Parchment, but I think I will pass on these.

My re-upholstered 69 Mustang seats sound beter and better.

Seattle Rob

I bought these seats several months ago in parchment and they were just delivered the other week. Installing them tomorrow. Will post pictures when complete. My key concern was whether they would match my parchment panels...and they seem to pass the test. Will compare once installed.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
I called TBP and the Tech guy tells me you will be sitting about 2" higher in these Premium seats compared to stock. They look great, and are a nice Parchment, but I think I will pass on these.

My re-upholstered 69 Mustang seats sound beter and better.

The WH Rally 2000 Scat Pro Car seats sit very low. Lower than my stock seats.
These are the really heavily bolstered seats. Kind of a bitch to get into but once in them they are great. Very comfortable even on long trips.
Given the chance I would purchase a reclining suspension seat today...suspension seats really make a difference.

BGBronco

Contributor
N A S H V I L L E
Loc.
Tennessee
Fantastic. I have been looking at these for a while. Anxious to see them installed.

I bought these seats several months ago in parchment and they were just delivered the other week. Installing them tomorrow. Will post pictures when complete. My key concern was whether they would match my parchment panels...and they seem to pass the test. Will compare once installed.

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Seattle Rob - Yes, keep me posted as to how high you sit in these seats compared to stock. Do you still have original seats for a side-by-side comparison?

The Scat Seats will sit lower than the original stock seats with the WH brackets. I was hoping the Toms Premium would do the same.

Seattle Rob

Here's a pic of the seats installed. My comparison is solely against the stock seats previously installed. Sorry, but don't have a side:side.

1) They sit about 1-2" higher than the stock seats
2) Tons more slider space and leg room...tons (I'm 6'5" so this matters to me)
3) The look/feel of the seats is consistent with the stock seats
4) The parchment color is slightly whiter than the stock parchment. I just replaced all of my interior parchment which is a slightly darker shade of white. You can see the comparison below in the final pic which perhaps is too unfavorable to the seats due to bright sun on the seats and shadow on the interior.
5) Seats are very comfortable. The material is also soft and feels good. Wife was impressed.

Overall, I'm happy. I honestly didn't really notice the color disparity until I really started looking.

Attachments

• seats4.jpg
    seats4.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 382
  • seats5.jpg
    seats5.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 443
  • seats6.jpg
    seats6.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 364
  • seats.jpg
    seats.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 336
  • seats2.jpg
    seats2.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 365
  • seats3.jpg
    seats3.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 329

73AnneBoleyn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Charlotte, NC
Seattle Rob, those look great! Thanks for the pics! I'm 6'3", so when it comes time for seat replacement this winter, I'll be looking for something that allows for good sight through the windshield and legroom with a cage. Thanks for posting pix! BTW, not to hijack the thread, but what cage and top is that?

Seattle Rob

To be honest, the cage is a bit of a Frankenstein. The prior owner created a custom cage that ended on the windshield in the front. This was great for someone in the back, but provided no protection/safety to someone in the front. I then bought the front portion of a Tom's cage and was lucky enough to be able to tie in to the existing cage. The net result is that the cage provides more headroom than other cages. Downside is that I don't think a hard top would ever fit over it.

No Hay

Bronco Guru
They look great. I'm not a fan of the color parchment, but the style, fit and finish look excellent.

How does the foam material inside compare to stock type foam? Soft can be ok across town, driving further, firmer can be better.

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thank you for the pictures. The seats look great.

Being 6'5" how is the visual out the windshield?

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Seats look great - and the Bronco looks even better. What a nice ride!

Seattle Rob

At 6'5" the visibility is slightly obscured when sitting super straight. My bigger issue is that I think I need to place my rear view mirror now in a different position. I'm good with it though.

edgeoffroad04

I am happy I stumbled across this thread..The Tom's seats look like a good option for those that are taller. I currently have Corbeau Moab Seat's and I have issues at 6'3" seeing through my windshield with out reclining the seat or slouching while driving. It didn't bother me offroad as much but now that I am driving it more often on the street I need a solution. I apologize for hi-jacking this thread, but does anyone else have a comparison between the Corbeau's and Tom's seats?

Thanks!