• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

tom's premium seat question

dougsride

my buddy installed a seat of premium seats from Tom's and he said the bolsters on the backrest may take some getting used to. Since I'm a tad bigger than him I was a wondering if any of you guys share that same concern if you have these seats, Since he is overseas it's a bit hard for me to try them out.

Zeke

"Which is lower than most aftermarket seats available"

I have wondered if anyone has compared the lower cushion heights of the seats currently available. To me, most of the newer seats look very similar.

My old 74 had a set a Procar Elite seats from Wildhorses (installed way before the current seats became available). They had WH's low mounting brackets and made the seats sit really low. Now I have a set of factory seats and it's like sitting on a barstool and it feels like I'm ducking my head constantly to look out the windshield.

Any information will be appreciated.

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
T
"Which is lower than most aftermarket seats available"

I have wondered if anyone has compared the lower cushion heights of the seats currently available. To me, most of the newer seats look very similar.

My old 74 had a set a Procar Elite seats from Wildhorses (installed way before the current seats became available). They had WH's low mounting brackets and made the seats sit really low. Now I have a set of factory seats and it's like sitting on a barstool and it feels like I'm ducking my head constantly to look out the windshield.

Any information will be appreciated.
The Tom seats are much like the pro car elites. Yes mounting brackets do make a difference.