• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Tom's Tinted Windshield glass?

rhino2104

I don't think that it would look too bad on the Bronco. The green tint is probably pretty mild and will probably be hardly noticeable against the green of that Bronco. The windshield is probably going to look a lot like some of the ones in newer cars.

cgbexec

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Naples, FL
I'm not running Toms, but I am running the green glass. It is not noticeable once installed. In fact with my black interior the glass looks slightly smokey gray from the outside and when looking through it from the inside, it just clear with perhaps a hint of tint. I tried to find clear or slightly blue tinted glass, but it seems that noone had it or it was 4 times the price of the green. Green seems to be the standard.

neonizagas

Loc.
Minneapolis, MN
Have you tried to get it local?
I have a place close to home that can get "green tinted" windshield glass for the Bronco and a little bit less. Still need to order but they can have it sameday.
Oh and green tinted is the only way they come!

Gerry

71 LUBER

Loc.
SW. Pennsylvania
Save yourself a ton of cash and get it cut by a local glass shop.

I got prices here of $95-$98 for tinted glass and don't have to pay truck freight to ship it to you. It's flat glass, nothing to it.

deltarat

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Drew,Ms
I paid $98 for my windshield and $165 for back window, 2 side windows, and 2 vents for my 1/2 cab at a glass company.

my77rox

I have the green "Solex" and you can't even tell once its installed. I don't know about your local shops but ours wanted a template to make sure they got it right the first time. Otherwise the price wasn't going to be as good if they had to do the measuring and possible re-cutting.

--BR