• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Too Much Green?

69_Sport

Argent grill.
Chrome headlight rings.
Red grill letters.
Sport rocker panel trim.
Chrome powder coating on bumpers.

OP
OP
JefeAZ

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
Thanks for the kind words everyone! A LOT of thought went into how it sits today but my tastes continue to evolve. Its nice to bounce ideas off people who know what they are looking at.

What are your mirrors and side marker bezels and door handles - are they satin finish or chrome? Should try to be consistent all the way round too.
Mirrors, handles, emblems and headlight rings are all satin silver
I also think the letters could be a different hue. Maybe chrome would look better there with some other kind of highlight int he middle. The red of the originals was very complimentary of most body colors. Maybe temporarily paint them amber like the turn signals? Or use clear turn signal lenses to really mess things up!
Interesting idea. I may try some different color decals first before changing the letter color
Actually, I have an alternative idea as well. Change the color of the bumper. That black is perfect for your body color, and the tires are black of course, but a different color on the bumper and FORD letters might be your ticket. Maybe just the right silver or gray color for the bumpers would be the highlight you're looking for.
Thats what I've been looking at as well. The bumper really sticks out in black and maybe silver bumpers would look cleaner. They would match the wheels instead of matching the cage. I just went thru this on my Raptor bumpers. I went with a dark silver powdercoat called evo grey that matches the OEM flares/grill.

q4HpWfi.jpg

Kskc473.jpg

Clear turn signal lenses. Subtle but might look good. Easy to change back.
Looks great. Like the color.
I bought some to try when when I did the alice mod and the amber looked so much cleaner and more "original"
I think if you take a picture of the front and take a silver marker and draw in the chrome trim.Maybe even do the trim in satin to match the headlight rings.Then take a red and do the ford letters.If it don't work for you color in the whole grill.If you do the whole grill you would need to do chrome head light rings and red chrome letters I also vote to keep the amber lights.Also some cool fog lights might help the bumper. The bronco looks great to me but I do see were you are coming from on the front.That's a bronco I would be proud of to say the least.JMO
I held the stock trim up to the grill and it looked good but it really stands out when its next to satin silver rings/letters. I either need to change several things or just leave it haha
I think the Argent grill would be perfect on this truck!
I contacted a local vinyl shop and they want $13/sq ft to wrap the grill. I could see how it would look for about $75. If they do a good enough job installing it I might just leave it
Maybe a little pinstriping around the base of the hood riser.
I've also toyed with this idea. Some sort of play on the Boss stripes coming across the hood and down the sides but that would be a major change.

I did find this guy who painted his Bronco the same green and I love the ghost stripe job. Some angles they are green and others they are gold. He did a gold grill though to match the wheels. Bumpers, handles, mirrors, etc in black.

103373132_3511872895541997_5366171473398982043_o.jpg

3B6NHS1.png

jK4tP81.png

Start small. We can install my chrome bumpers, chrome head light rings and grill letters that are painted red with finger nail polish for an idea what that would look like.
Now that's an idea for the next event! Bring your parts over so I can satisfy my urge to never be satisfied! haha. I may take you up on the small parts though!
you could paint the roll cage silver to give it some contrast and match your lettering, however its solid as is
I don't even want to think about removing the cage haha but you are right. That would look good. I can't believe we got the cage in without scratching the new paint.
I thought the title was referring to green burning a hole in your wallet........;D
You can tell Im getting the itch haha! I haven't spent a dime on anything other than gas in the last year + on this thing. I cannot believe how reliable this Bronco has been on and offroad(knock on wood)
Hmmm tough....I think a light bronze/gold special decor stripe might look good, but it may clash w/ all that awesome satin silver... :)
My powdercoater is in the building! Not 1 single issue with the dozens of parts I had you do. Thanks again! Check the green Bronco pics above. His stripe is incredible.

jmhend

Bronco Guru
Lately I've been wondering if there is too much green on the Bronco and what direction I could go to break it up. The paint quality is amazing but I've always wondered if I screwed up by not doing a two tone grill. The FORD letters in silver made a huge addition to the back end and Im very happy with how that turned out. There's just something about the front end that's not sitting right with me and I can't put my finger on the fix.

Paint/vinyl wrap the grill in silver? Hood decals? Side stripes?
Add grill trim back on?
Paint the headlight rings to match or go back to stainless? Satin silver now
Remove the grill letters or change color?
Change the bumper color? Back to stock bumpers?

What would you do? Open to any and all suggestions!

lIMJM6T.jpg

ZOjdjo8.jpg

98gDuCQ.jpg

jVwUpvU.jpg

RKA4mPh.jpg

Its Perfect don't change it but if you feel like you need to change something I suggest only two things..

Only two things I would try are the letters......(link below) and or try the lenses (to white) like the one behind you

https://dufftuff.com/product/ford-grill-letter-set-1967-77-bronco/