• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Total rewire.

redtail

Well, there comes a time when you need to rip it all out and start again. :mad: I am finally going to rewire my '68. Now a fellow bronco owner told me that I could pick up a rewire harness for my bronc for about 200ish bucks. If so what would be the best way to go there?
the wiring setup is all stock, I don't have any frilly extras %) such as electric wipers and such... lol. what would you fellows suggest for my rewire?
I just want to be street legal, but would you suggest a couple extra circuts or anything for common upgrades while I am in the heart of the beast? (Dash is out, so this is my chance!

dbevans2249

Loc.
Buena Park, Ca.
IIRC there is/was a sort of universal harness listed as being for a Bronco on Ebay the other day.
JMO doing it with the dash out is the way to go.

gearida

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newburgh, IN
If you pick up a manual and have skills, I suggest your own. This is what I did. I picked up spools of wire the same colors as the factory OEM. I purchase heat shrink connectors too. Then I wired up a dash harness, a front light harness, rear light harness including gas tank, then built the engine harness on the truck. I used relays on the inside drivers side fender for lighting. I purchased a fuse box from Napa and installed it inside the drivers kick panel. After I was done I neatly use nylon zip ties every eight inches all facing the same way and cut the same. Then used a plastic wire harness to cover my wires. I attached P clamps with rivets to body and frame to hold in place. I also made a wire diagram on paper to save, in case I needed to add or diagnosis any issues. Then I can say I did it! Really wasn't too bad.

dbevans2249

Loc.
Buena Park, Ca.
redtail I am running a Centech in mine but it was over 100% more than $200.00 range.
JMO that price may be a low even if you do it yourself.

fungus

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Kaneohe Bay, Oahu
Kolibar Kustoms makes a pretty good harness too for $159! I think I'm going this route when my '68 project gets to the wiring. Either that or the T3 harness from West Coast Broncos. Both pretty good buys. My junk will be pretty custom though so I'm not after a 100% stock Bronco harness.

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
I used the T3 from West coast also...I was installing the 4BT so nothing was going to match up . So I felt the universal would fit my needs just find .. I think I went with about 12 circuits But then I had to piggy Back on about 6 more .. So my advise now is get a BIG ONE... I think mine was $138.00......
..... I'd use the T3 again.

BigPrince

Loc.
Atlanta
centech harness, check the Bronco vendors most carry it.

http://broncograveyard.com/bronco/i-18060-centech-wiring-kit-1966-77-complete-re-wire-kit.html

get the stock ignition adapter as the lawnmower switch provided in the kit is crap.

http://broncograveyard.com/bronco/i-18061-centech-ignition-switch-adaptor-kit.html

I went with a Centech. I know I could have used a cheaper and less plug and play harness but to be honest, the Centech has probably saved a lot of man hours. The manual is not 100% idiot proof but is pretty good. I'd recommend it highly as nothing has been missing (I redid the rear lights with weatherproof connectors but thats it) and most everything has been the right length and design.

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
Just tossing this out there for those that aren't familiar with this excellent quality street rod harness.

Redtail has already seen this but maybe this will help someone out. Did I say "excellent quality". Well, I understated it's quality. : )

http://www.itsasnapwireandcable.com/zz-20_wire_harness.htm appr 150 bucks
I installed it years ago...

Dude seriously

Loc.
Everett
Redtail,

I remember that post on NWCB, I think Brocken was talking about
http://www.nwautowire.com/servlet/the-EARLY-FORD-BRONCO/Categories

I didn't see the entire harness on the webpage, but he does make one. It's very good quality and craftsmanship. Not quite as plug and play as the centech or painless, but you can save money for a little bit of elbow grease so to speak. It's right over in Moses Lake too. I like that the upgraded headlight relays are integrated with the main harness. But that is a small reaon to pick one over the other.

Nvrstuck - that one looks like a similar deal.

Lots of options.