• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Toughen Cardboard Glovebox?

lowbush

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Summerland Key, FL
I too was going to say brush it with fiberglass.. I built my trans cover out of a heavy cord board and brush on fiberglass resin. Over cord board and duck tape both.. Then I sprayed it with bed liner .. I have cut it into 3 times with the sawzall and repaired it .. It'll last forever I think.

I would also say a 2 part epoxy, just brush it down front and back, it will look nice and will last forever.

Bulletman

I made mine out of the "plastic" cardboard, actually is was a discarded political sign. Simply painted it black.

ak68

cut through it slightly wider than the width of an efi computer on its side at the back of the glove box just behind where the fuses are then add a piece of cardboard to extend it and create a new inner wall so that you can slide a computer in from the back side and still utilize the box, cover with a little fiberglass and resin and its done..

I fiberglassed mine but will add this feature. Thanks!

bosshoff

Contributor
Aluminum HVAC tape. Spray bomb it back. It won't loose it's adhesive like duct tape.