• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Tps, and efi sensors

dmwelljr

Loc.
Sublimity, Oregon
Where is the best place to get all the efi sensors I need, I'm starting from scratch, like tps, act, Ect, and whatever other ones I have to have?

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
I got everything from a wrecking yard except O2 sensors.

OP
OP
dmwelljr

dmwelljr

Loc.
Sublimity, Oregon
Thanks guys! Now I need to do some research on which ones I have to have, in guessing some if the ones that came factory were em mission related?

pcf_mark

Bronco Guru
I scored all of mine in the junk yard too. What wiring and ECU you are using impacts the sensors you get. If using a Mustang or Explorer ECU snag all the sensors from one in a yard.

ransil

Bronco Guru
I got everything from a wrecking yard except O2 sensors.

x2 I also make sure I gets lots of spares and test them once everything is running correctly, then mark them as tested good, helps trouble guessing later on.

TN1776

Bronco Guru
Some of my stuff came from junkyards, other stuff came from local Bronco brothers who had stuff sitting on shelves. Ended up replacing a few bad sensors with auto parts store new replacements... new O2 sensors too.

igottastanger

Late Model Restorations is a mustang specific shop, they have a kit that replaces all sensors for the mustang/5.0 efi motor. It is a great way to go if your starting from scratch, and you get everything new in one kit from the same place no hunting around and then realizing you forgot something.

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
Don't discount the education gained by junkyarding. Lot's of the sensors can be found on other models besides Mustangs, connectors too.

Mark