• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Tracking Bar install - help

1970njbronc

Loc.
Cedar Grove NJ
I finally replaced the entire suspension and then I went to put the tracking bar back on and I can't get it to lineup. It is about 1" to far to the left of the frame bracket.

Should I have installed the tracking bar prior to tightening all the C and radius arm bushings?

Should I loosen all bushings, support the frame with stands and try to force it over into the bracket or should I just get an extra set of hands and try to pull the entire front end over???

Every time I take 2 steps forward, I always take 1 back.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciatted...

Thanks..

:-[

66horse

Bronco Guru
[quote author=1970njbronc link=board=5;threadid=17480;start=0#msg133644 date=1053038503]
should I just get an extra set of hands and try to pull the entire front end over???
[/quote]

This is what we did when my buddy and I did his. One person underneath and one pushing sideways on the front end. Lined up, bolt through. good to go.

curts77

Loc.
Ketchum,Idaho
If you have to push your bronco to line up the hole you may need a adjustable trackbar.It will work the way your doing it but your body will not be centered over your axles.

justinsane

Loc.
Casper, Wyoming
If you're having trouble aligning, simply turn the steering wheel, without the track bar attached the front end will move back and forth over the axle. Like curts77 said, make sure you're centered. I'm off just a bit and I can turn sharper in one direction than the other.

Brian

cool_edge

Loc.
Antioch, CA
Try unbolting the track bar from the axle and attach it to the frame first. Then it's easier to muscle it back on the stud on the axle. This is what I did when I had the same problem.

good luck.

Andy