• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Tragedy

CrazyHorse

Loc.
Clovis,Ca
Near Pineflat Lake , Ca This weekend, A man, his 8 yr old son and 7 yr old niece were driving in his 69 bronco at night on timmer springs rd along the kings river when he lost control of his bronco and it plunged into the water landing on its passenger side. the man got free from his belt and grabbed onto a float toy that was stuck in the bronco and unbuckled his son as the bronco filled with water. he was ripped loose by the swift current before he could get to his niece. both children drowned and the father was booked for manslaughter, driving while intoxicated, and willful cruelty to a child.this is horrible, My prayers go out to the families and may god have mercy on that mans soul.

BroncGuy7710

Loc.
Louisville Ky
i WIll (when i get my liscense) never drink and drive, i offer my deepest sympathy for the family of the man and kids. It's a shame our society can pin so many different things on top of one major mistake

Steve

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grand Junction, CO
[quote author=NewBroncGuy link=board=5;threadid=18193;start=0#msg139084 date=1054687815]
It's a shame our society can pin so many different things on top of one major mistake
[/quote]

I don't think it's a shame at all. He CHOSE to drink and drive, it wasn't a mistake, and now two human beings are dead because of his choice. It wasn't a freak accident, and he should have the book thrown at him.

Just my 0.02...

jerry

Contributor
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
[quote author=NewBroncGuy link=board=5;threadid=18193;start=0#msg139084 date=1054687815]
i WIll (when i get my liscense) never drink and drive, i offer my deepest sympathy for the family of the man and kids. It's a shame our society can pin so many different things on top of one major mistake
[/quote]

Hell, the only thing that's a shame is that two innocent children are dead, thanks to that guy's bad judgement!!!! Unfortunately, he's now living with the consequences of his decision to consume alcohol (which must have been a factor in the accident) and drive his Bronco.

Story here:
http://www.fresnobee.com/local/story/6894413p-7830781c.html

Before you think I'm an arrogant, self-righteous jerk for making that statment, read on:

<OLD FART PREACH MODE>
I was stupid enough to get drink heavily and then go for a drive when I was 21 (1991)... And got a DUI.

All in all, it cost me about $1500 in court and attorney's fees.... Plus the embarassment of having to ride my bike everywhere for 90 days... Going to court mandated AA and counseling sessions... etc. It's much more expensive nowadays, you lose your license for longer, there's court-ordered community service on top of the above....

In retrospect, I'm so thankful that I learned that lesson that way, rather than hurting anyone else or myself while driving my car intoxicated. Even if I had not gotten caught, I assure you that being a parent changes your perspective on things (my boys are 5 and 2)... You realize how vulnerable your children are, and how important it is to protect and guide them. Even without my arrest, there is no way in hell I would drive my family around after I've been drinking!

I'd like to think that most responsible adults don't get "hammered" and drive their families around - someone let me know if I'm missing something here.

It's a sad situation.... One that, however, was preventable.

</OLD FART PREACH MODE>

My prayers go out to that man and his family - that's a heck of a tough way to learn a lesson about drinking and driving. :-[

Jerry

Rusted1

Well written Jerry. I have been on both ends. I had the misfortune to be in fatal traffic accident that killed a friend due to a drunk driver. Now I investigate traffic collisions and arrest the sorry asses that think they can drive better after a few beers. The only sad thing about it is the innocent people that were minding there own business when numb nuts crashes into them and kills them! Too bad the drunks always seem to survive the craziest crashes.

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
Its sad,
But one should have pity on the poor soul. yes it was stupid, yes its a shame he lost his kids. Something he'll relive for the rest of his life. Does it make it anybetter saying this....no

"There but for the grace of God go I "

T

teknalee

it's not HARD to not drink and drive. it's not hard to choose not to drink one night if you cant get a ride. i do it all the time. is it really worth:

a)getting into an accident and messing up your vehicle b)getting hurt or killed
c)hurting someone else or killing them and taking them away from the people they love
d)paying for a ticket

(listed in no particular order of importance)

BroncGuy7710

Loc.
Louisville Ky
[quote author=GJBroncoMan link=board=5;threadid=18193;start=0#msg139102 date=1054691570]
It's a shame our society can pin so many different things on top of one major mistake
[/quote]

I don't think it's a shame at all. He CHOSE to drink and drive, it wasn't a mistake, and now two human beings are dead because of his choice. It wasn't a freak accident, and he should have the book thrown at him.

Just my 0.02...
[/quote]

"willful cruelty to a child"
thats the part i am talking about

ASE-73

Loc.
Seattle, WA
MADD has been instrumental in raising awareness on this topic ... and the result has been a significant shift in DUI laws over the past 10 years. While these types of organizations can be scary, MADD has done great work and should be supported. My political plug for the day. Now I will shut up :-X

jerry

Contributor
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
[quote author=NewBroncGuy link=board=5;threadid=18193;start=0#msg139377 date=1054762723]
[quote author=GJBroncoMan link=board=5;threadid=18193;start=0#msg139102 date=1054691570]
[/quote]

Just my 0.02...
[/quote]

"willful cruelty to a child"
thats the part i am talking about

[/quote]

If being drowned by someone isn't cruel I don't know what is.

I realize that he's innocent until proven guilty... But I'm guessing (CrazyHorse can probalby verify this) that they wouldn't have levied that charge against him unless they were certain that his actions caused the accident.

joe

Bronco Guru
yes, drinking and driving is wrong, and it is hard for some people to have sympathy for this guy, I dont drink and drive anymore, yes I have in the past. I've never been caught but I've seen my brother arested 5 times for DUI. I used to have sympathy for him but the last one was enough. I guess I've learned from his mistakes. He called me today and said he is getting his license back again. He's never hurt anyone but himself but if he does, its not only his fault but the damn states for giving him sooooo many chances. as for the poor bastard that killed his kid and niece, Its was'nt itentional, but if he's got a concience at all he'll pay with his mind the rest of his life and then some. my 2 worthless penny's.

brokenhorse

Bronco Builder
Loc.
Wisconsin
SAD SAD SAD :'( :'( :'(I can't even think of what it would be like if I would do something to cause the death of a child needless to say one of my own????????It's unthinkable!My heart breaks every time I hear of crap like this. He will stand before his maker some day untill then he will have to live with himself (BASTARD)My prayers are with the families. :'(

Accidents happen but when etoh is involved I fail to have much sympathy :mad: :(

LSUpete

Contributor
Bronco Guru
[quote author=joe link=board=5;threadid=18193;start=0#msg139463 date=1054774552]
I dont drink and drive anymore, yes I have in the past. I've never been caught but I've seen my brother arested 5 times for DUI.
[/quote]

DAMN.....five times! Illinois must be out of their minds for giving him a license. What could they possibly be thinking?

komodo72

Loc.
Tennessee
My cousin got one 3 times and they took his lisease anyway till he was 21 and put him under house arrest for a year. I guess it was because he was only 18 or 19 at the time. Might have gotten it back before he was 21 I dont really remember.