• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

tranny cooler or just a electric fan? best choice

fatboy4211

Loc.
Ennis, TX
with summer putting a laser dot on my forehead. which would be better to do...a derale trans oil cooler or a derale 8" electric fan to assist the stock fan.
i have vintage air so im limited on space for electric fan to supplement the stock fan and shroud system. radiator is a 4 core. it currently runs at 190 degrees with the ac blowing 54 degree air.
i was told that the tranny itself can be a major player in raising the heat level and keeping the radiator at a steady high temp.
if so which would you do. i have a 105amp alternator so im hoping it will be enuff power to run it all.
thanks for your input

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
I'd go with the tranny cooler but mount in somewhere other than in front of the radiator. Not that you probably have any room for it anyways with the AC condensor. A little 8' fan probably wouldnt help anything but a tranny cooler. better idea is get both and use the fan to blow air through the tranny cooler.