• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Transfer case rebuild question

grs44310

Loc.
Akron, Ohio
I'm rebuilding the transfer case and finished putting it all back together today. When I came to the seal in the front output housing I had an extra round gasket that I didn't understand where it was supposed to go. The gasket is round with no bolt tabs and is about 3/8" to 1/2" wide.

Where in the heck is this thing supposed to go?

njs76

Loc.
pittstown
I have a case opened up on my bench and the only gasket that size is the one that fits in the speedometer cable opening in the rear drive output shaft.
It is just a plain round gasket slightly bigger than the 1/2" you say.

feitctaj

FNG
Loc.
Group W Bench
If you did a search you would see that this has been covered and covered, but lets do it one more time, It is an xtra part that nobody uses

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Here it is, I think Feitctaj is correc't.

Attachments

• IMG_4014.jpg
    IMG_4014.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 10
OP
OP
grs44310

grs44310

Loc.
Akron, Ohio
Ok, glad to know that I didn't miss something important. I did search the archives before posting but I guess I wasn't looking for the right wording.

Why in the heck do the vendors still put this part in the kit if its extra and no one uses it?

Thanks for the help!
Greg