• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

transmission/engine problems

bedsbronco75

Loc.
San Diego, CA
This happened today while driving to the brake shop.
Heres my problems:
1) after running for about 2-3 miles, the truck starts to buck when first engaging from a dead stop.
2) i pull off to the side of the road and sit for a few minutes. i look under the hood and see the coil wire might be loose. i fix that and check the other wires. start up and drive. the bucking goes away for maybe a mile.
3) 2-3 miles later, bucking continues when starting from dead stop, and the engine dies a few feet away, or just dies right away without moving.
4) i have to shut down again and sit for 20 min or so. start up fine, trans engages and bucks, but truck drives 20-30 feet and engine dies. start up and same thing happens.
5) engine starts fine but does not engage trans at all and dies when i try to. so my friend pushes me to the shop in his truck.

My specs are listed below. truck had been sitting for five years in AZ. this is the second trip i have taken it on, first one was only a mile or two, in slower speeds. any ideas would be great. ask for more info if that would help.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Sounds like you need to hook up a code reader and find out what codes your getting. There are all kinds of things we could tell you to look at but the code reader will break it down more precisely.