• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Transmission shop guys made fun of me....

SACHEM

Back From the Dead
My Bronco is currently having the transmission rebuilt. I went to the shop today to visit her and drop off my Lokar kick down cable. The mechanics who work there and are all jeep freaks ask me to get under the lift and explain something to them.

Well I get under there and they can't figure out why I painted my flywheel. They start laughing at me and call me a loser. I didn't really care about them laughing but I was wondering if any of you do weird stuff like this?

I painted it when I was poor and needed something to do and to keep me interested in my project. A couple of spray cans and paint stripper kept me busy for weeks. It also made for fast reassembly

Well, Am I a freak or what?

BTW, I told those bastards to wipe their grubby prints off of my "best of show flywheel". ;D

Attachments

• pics 024.jpg
    pics 024.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 521

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
hey, I bet at the time it seemed like a good idea? huh?;) Dont sweat it. If thats the only thing they can find to pick on you for, thats not so bad. Personally I would have blamed the PO. ;D

ken75ranger

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Troy, NY
That's what they said to your face. Before you got there it was "I wish I had this setup in my heep".;)

Case

It protects the flywheel from corosion so it cant hurt. Those poor jeep boys were jelous, there little brains cant think of smart things like painting your flywheel. All they think about is swapping in a cheby v 8 into thier piece o crap heep. ;D ;D

TJK74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newark CA
Your not a freak. You just have some good pride in your ride. i'd bring them a can of that ford blue and tell them to make sure they paint your torque converter to match before the put the tranny back in;D

supermottl

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indian Harbour Bch,
Yeah, I was calling my local tranny shop "losers" after I rebuilt the tranny in my G/f CJ for $160 bucks when the shop quoted me over $500, so they can go bite it!!!

Mr Joe

Bronco Guru
I don't see the problem....now if was painted Hot Pink, then you'd have issues...;D

maverickconner

Shoot, I paint everything that I take off. I think I have spent more time on wire brush cups and hammered rustoleum paint then the cost of one of the J**ps..... They're just mad they basically have to do body transplants to get a vehical that runs...

Southerner

I wire brush and paint everything I take off. I'm usually in the same boat with low money and that's a good cheap way to keep the project going;) . When I do have money for parts I don't want to spend my time wirebrushing so this way at least I've always got something to work on.

YellowBronc

Bronco God
Tell them after they wipe their grubby fingerprints off to give it a quick wax job!!!

brutis72eb

Bronco Guru
Loc.
South Carolina
I paint EVERYTHING, I mean EVERYTHING I take off Brutis! I have taken it all apart why not take a few minutes and make sure it goes on nice and pretty! Theyre just jealous!
Those *eep guys are just mad that they dont have an eb, jealousy is all!

hackyrat

Nothing wrong with that! I think you should recommend the shop to someone and have them specifically ask for their flywheel to be painted. FORD BLUE;D

B

bert

The transmission shop you chose is the wrong one! Any shop that charges you money for a job and makes fun of you because you painted a flywheel does not deserve your business. If that is their attitude what kind of quality of work can you expect. I would say either pack it up and take is somewhere else or make sure the warranty is in writing and understand all of their disclaimers.

howiebilt

Bronco Buddah
Loc.
Newton
You have the right idea with painting stuff but you wouldn't last around my house with the Ford blue . I use the "Grabber Green " paint to keep track of what I have replaced on my bronco . When I first started using this method , there were two early broncos in my drive way and all of my good parts were being stolen from the garage and put on my son's bronco . Once I started keeping track with the paint tracking system ...things started looking up for me and my bronco . That is why there is soooooo much grabber green stuff on my howiebilt , I have nearly replaced everything on it except the body ;D

TOFIC

Bronco Wrencher and Fixer
Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
Well, what do you expect from a H**p driver?? Whats wrong with painting a auto flywheel blue, if those losers took any time to look at a new truck they would see the flywheel painted FROM THE FACTORY.

Now Lets see here, lots of articles about putting ch**y engines in J**ps. None about putting any other engine, other than Ford, in a Bronco. I have seen articles on the web about putting EB axles under a H**p (waste of good axles in my opinion) but NO articles about putting H**p axles under a EB. To make a J**p work, it has to be CH**Y powered with EB axles. To make a EB work you fix it. It doen't need a transplant it works by itself.

Find another shop, these guys are a waste of skin and air. They obviously do not understand anything about business, or good public relations. Guys like this really PMO. forget them

TOFIC

OP
OP
SACHEM

SACHEM

Back From the Dead
It's alright about being made fun of. Actually I'd say it was more or less teasing. I give the owner hell because his Jeep is more Ford than jeep. He was just returning the favor. I like and trust this shop.

I now have a secret weapon in my arsenal. Many thanks to who ever I stole this from.;D A dozen of these babies should set things right again.;)

Attachments

• onlyinaheeppink.jpg
    onlyinaheeppink.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 62