• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Transmission ??????

fire bronc

Loc.
iowa
First,i'm Doing My 5.0efi Swap Will Be Using My C4 Tranny,what Size And Weight Flex Plate Do I Use. My C4 Is Rebuilt, Can I Use My Stock Tourqe Converter Or Do I Need To Change,or Is There An Upgrade To My Tourqe Converter To Make The C4 Better With Minimal $$$ Involved.i Will Be Running 5.0 Efi 300 Horse, C4/d20 4.30 Gears With 35"tires 90%street Driver 10% Offroad 35 % Of Street Will Be Highway. Any Transmission Guru's Please Give Me Advice. Thanks

VBH289

Loc.
Colorado
I think you can use your stock flywheel, as long as you didn't use a new crank, or your 302 isn't HO, I am sure someone can clarify this, but that is what I have heard. Good luck!

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
73stallion said:
if you're using the 5.0 crank you need a 50oz flexplate.
What he said. The 28 oz. flexplate that would be stock on yours will not work with a newer 5.0 motor. (H.O. has nothing to do with this)