• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

trick for siphoning gas?

ChrisinWV

Bronco Guru
Loc.
St George Island, MD
Some where I was reading a trick for siphoning gas without sucking on the hose........<br>The bronc is not ready to plow and the tractor is out of gas..<br>I hate the taste of gas.............<br><br>Thanks<br>Chris in WV

howiebilt

Bronco Buddah
Loc.
Newton
Get some compressed air , either an air compressor or one of those portable air tanks and put a siphoning hose into the tank . Put the nozzle for the air in the filler neck and stuff a rag around the filler neck to keep all of the air from coming out . Squeeze the nozzle and when the tank becomes pressurized , the gas will come out of the siphoning hose . Once the gas comes out you can stop pressurizing and let gravity do the rest .

OP
OP
C

ChrisinWV

Bronco Guru
Loc.
St George Island, MD
That was the one.......I knew it used air from the compressor somehow......I was probably just gonna blow bubbles in the tank my way........ ::)<br>Thanks Howie!!!!!<br>Chris

howiebilt

Bronco Buddah
Loc.
Newton
Next time I get some snow , I expect to see your tractor out there pushing my driveway ;D

koolstang

Loc.
Pineville, Missouri
I forget where i got it but there is actually a hose out there that has a marble in the end of it an if you stick that end in the gas tank an shake it, it acts as some sort of pump and works like a charm. After gas comes out it works the same as a siphon.

swa0330

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Portland,OR
[quote author=ChrisinWV link=board=5;threadid=12973;start=0#97375 date=1041799814]<br>Some where I was reading a trick for siphoning gas without sucking on the hose........<br>The bronc is not ready to plow and the tractor is out of gas..<br>I hate the taste of gas.............<br><br>Thanks<br>Chris in WV<br>[/quote]<br><br>YEah, don't get caught. Just playing! ;D

IPwizard

Loc.
NE Ohio
My father had one of those syphon tubes that you just stick into the tank and shake it and it once the gas come out it would take over. The tube had a check valve in one end and when you pushed the tube into the gas it would fill the tube a little each time. took about 30-40 seconds and your getting gas. I believe i herd it called a Texas credit card once. ;)

OP
OP
C

ChrisinWV

Bronco Guru
Loc.
St George Island, MD
I saw a bunch of ads for those when searching for the tip that I ONLY found here... ........for $20 you can choose from a bunch of em.<br>BTW the compressor worked great......<br>I couldn't get the hose I had in far enough to really draw well, but as long as I held the air to it the gas flowed...<br>I was able to draw a gallon out...... plenty to plow with...<br>The 41 Farmall is a miser..<br>Thanks again for the help<br>Chris<br>