• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Trip to Holy cross Colorado ***need head count***

david heater

Loc.
Westminster,Co
I posted this in the event calendar area, so We have a group of guys going up to Holy Cross on the 28th of August. this is a bronco run only both Big and small.
we plan on meetiing at the trail head around 8:30 AM
please come join us for a day on the rocks :)

****update****
We need to start gettng a head count, so we know who we are waiting on. If your going up Friday night to camp or plan on meeting at the trail head. this way hopefully no one gets left behind.
I'm trying to get all the info in one spot please follow this link
http://www.colorado4x4.org/vbb/showthread.php?p=121236&posted=1#post121236
HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!

Last edited:
OP
OP
david heater

david heater

Loc.
Westminster,Co
huged29 said:
Are lockers pretty manditory for this trail?

Having at least one would make it a lot better of a day for you, had one bronco last year run all most the whole trail in two wheel drive. Posi could get the job done....

OP
OP
david heater

david heater

Loc.
Westminster,Co
GJBroncoMan said:
I'll be there again Dave. I'll even change your tire if you have a flat! ;)

Steve
Ummm, I was going to let that slide, but if the need arises at least I know there will be a pair of hands....
Dave

bsaunder

Bronco Guru
I might actually be able to make that! ;D

Mind if I list it on our club's calendar too?

Steve

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grand Junction, CO
bsaunder said:
I might actually be able to make that! ;D

Mind if I list it on our club's calendar too?

Not at all Ben. It would be nice to actually wheel with you! ;D We'll spend the night before in the RV this year. If anyone else wants to camp the night before let's hook up.

OP
OP
david heater

david heater

Loc.
Westminster,Co
Ben, Buy all means post it on your site. I was heading over there tonight to do just that. the more the merry....
come on I know there are more broncos in colorado then four!!
:)

swa0330

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Portland,OR
you lucky guys with running broncos shouldn't rub it in. One of these days I am going to be up and running. Anyone know a good junkyard to find a wrecked 5 spd dodge diesel (94 and up) I need the whole drivetrain from the block back? It has to be diesel to match up. I have the engine, just need the rest.

Steve

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grand Junction, CO
Sorry Dave,
theft.gif

swa0330 said:
you lucky guys with running broncos shouldn't rub it in. One of these days I am going to be up and running. Anyone know a good junkyard to find a wrecked 5 spd dodge diesel (94 and up) I need the whole drivetrain from the block back? It has to be diesel to match up. I have the engine, just need the rest.
So, are you swapping to diesel power for your Bronco? I'd like to have more details, and maybe stop by next time I'm over there on business.

We'll now return to the regularly scheduled thread topic. ;D

swa0330

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Portland,OR
I haven't made a ton of progress right now because I need the tranny behind the engine so that I can make the motor mounts. That's really the bottleneck. After that, I am going to be able to pull the body and get the rest dialed in over the winter. Once the body goes back one, I suspect that will be about sometime in Jan/Feb, I should be able to move quickly. I am seeking a D-44 with discs (preferably high pinion from a full size) if you know of one. I need to go do some junkyard shopping. The 4BT swap isn't really going to be that tough. I have pretty much talked to everyone who did it in Jeeps, Scouts, EB's and a Kaiser M-715 and nobody said it was rocket science. Everyone just doesn't know about it yet that's why you don't see more of it

I could load you up with stories of how insanely a..kicking this engine is but I don't want to hi-jack the post either. I'll just say that everyone I know with a 4BT cummins wants to turn the rest of their vehicles diesel now.

bsaunder

Bronco Guru
don't most of the 4BT's have a chevy belhousing pattern?? I've heard of guys putting 700R4's behind them... For the manual though, yea, you'll probably need the NV4500...

Don't worry about the not running part - this trip will probably be my initial run with the rebuilt Bronco... been down almost two years now...

OP
OP
david heater

david heater

Loc.
Westminster,Co
This will be the first time mine has been out for over four months.... IT IS DONE THE T-CASE ROTATION IS BEHIND ME..almost a totally flat bottom.
now i need to get a skid plate built, seat belts in, Front seats in and My Iroks on..
By the way, I will head up Friday night also. My little one will be with me ( Ben don't worry no dirt throwing will happen) so I will be roughing it at the Sheraton in Dillion the night before....
See YA all at the trail head

Steve

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grand Junction, CO
I may know of a full width, RC D44 with discs in Co. Springs for cheap. I'll check and let you know if it's still available.

swa0330

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Portland,OR
definitely. I want the discs on it because that'll off set the cost. I am going to have rotate the knuckles to accomodate my drivetrain, so chopping down a full width axle is easiest. Whn you find out, let me know via e-mail or PM me and I will talk to the guy

edjolly

Loc.
Denver Colorado
Re: Trip to Holy cross Colorado

david heater said:
I posted this in the event calendar area, so We have a group of guys going up to Holy Cross on the 28th of August. this is a bronco run only both Big and small.
we plan on meetiing at the trail head around 8:30 AM
please come join us for a day on the rocks :)

I'm running 31's, open, no lift. Should I bother?

Ed

Steve

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grand Junction, CO
Ed, I think you could make it to French Creek with no problem, but the creek crossing would be ugly with that setup. If you do come however, you could park there and ride the rest of the way with us or someone else.

I ran it last year with a buddy in a stock Jeep TJ on 32s, and he had no trouble getting to the creek, but left it there and went with us the rest of the way to the town.