• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Truck Vault for Bronco? What's the Best Solution?

rhodesbennett

Hi All, I want to find the best solution for storage of gear and parts while out wheeling. I have a 1969 Bronco. I would like to hear what you have found that works best for you. Searching on line it looks like the Truckvault website has alot of good options. Thanks for your input and guidance. Cheers, Dan

jckkys

Bronco Guru
What is the purpose, security or just to keep things located? For tools I like military tool bags made of extra heavy canvas. It kills a lot of rattles. They're super tough. I'm thinking you're talking about tools/parts you have with you, in the Bronco. Where I go "wheeling" there are no people to steal anything. so security isn't an issue.

OP
OP
R

rhodesbennett

What is the purpose, security or just to keep things located? For tools I like military tool bags made of extra heavy canvas. It kills a lot of rattles. They're super tough. I'm thinking you're talking about tools/parts you have with you, in the Bronco. Where I go "wheeling" there are no people to steal anything. so security isn't an issue.

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I agree. I am currently using heavy bags to carry tools and parts but some of the sites we go to such as Calico are not the safest and I end up dragging everything into the hotel room. I think I just need to start camping at the site to be safer or eventually pull the trigger and get a camper. Thanks again

True North

I made a plywood deck that covers the rear of the bronco just a few inches over the wheel wells. Covered it with cheap black carpet to match the interior. I bolt it to the six point cage with some modified muffler clamps. I store stuff under it in plastic tubs and bags. I added a padlock to my aftermarket swing out tire carrier so you can’t open the tailgate to get the gear out. Also keeps everything from flying around in case of a rollover. Works for me.

snipes243

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Huntersville, NC
I run a tuffy locking drawer with spare tire mount on the top. They are really convenient and easy to use. They also can be picked up pretty cheap used like sub $200

https://www.tuffyproducts.com/p-127-rear-cargo-security-drawer.aspx

52d1de8c53f44ebe2d951950d9f35d54.jpg

68rockcrawler

Bronco Guru

txtruk15

Contributor
Loc.
Highland Village, TX
I made a plywood deck that covers the rear of the bronco just a few inches over the wheel wells. Covered it with cheap black carpet to match the interior. I bolt it to the six point cage with some modified muffler clamps. I store stuff under it in plastic tubs and bags. I added a padlock to my aftermarket swing out tire carrier so you can’t open the tailgate to get the gear out. Also keeps everything from flying around in case of a rollover. Works for me.

that's a cool idea, can you show some pix on how you secured it?

MikeCon

Have not put anything in Bronco yet but for my jeep I bought a $35 carpenters tool box that looks like the $350 one on web site. Sprayed several coats of bed liner inside and out..Has two latches and place for pad lock. 2 years and looks like new. Bolted to floor.

trekgurl

I run a tuffy locking drawer with spare tire mount on the top. They are really convenient and easy to use. They also can be picked up pretty cheap used like sub $200

snipes243

Same idea I was going with. Where do find the used ones at?

trekgurl

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Small truck vault.

Attachments

• 20151127_200009.jpg
    20151127_200009.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 91
  • 20151127_195935.jpg
    20151127_195935.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 86

Jdgephar

Bronco Guru
My own or a friends tow vehicle has worked well.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

snipes243

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Huntersville, NC

snipes243

Same idea I was going with. Where do find the used ones at?

trekgurl

Generally craigslist, Facebook market place, and local four wheeling forums like nc4x4
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/131048764609308/

Best part is Tuffy still sells all the parts to there’s drawers so they are rebuildable.