• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Try and Talk me out of it

MattMoe

Contributor
Loc.
Baton Rouge
OK I have the money and the desire, just a little nervous.

I am planning on buying the Cage 3.5 lift. I already have 2" body lift. I have never ridden in a bronco with a Cage Lift. 1) Should I get the Tubular Radius Arms with the kit? 2) Use the Cage Shocks? I am wanting to run around a 35" - 36" tire. 3) I don't think I need the 5.5" lift, do I? I live in Louisiana so lots of rocks it will not see. But I do want it capable when I make the couple of big events that I can make outside of my local area. My biggest fear is not getting a good ride and wishing I had gone with Brand "X" instead. So 4) has anyone regretted getting a Cage Lift?

Does it really 5) matter what dealer I get it from since they are all drop shipped? Is there a 6) price/service difference between the retailers?

Any opinions/input would be greatly appreciated;D

Here is what I am working with now.​
82048acc.jpg

DRBRONCO69

Chicago Mike
Loc.
Chicago, Illinois
Matt, Are you going to leave it uncut? If you are, and are planning on running a 35" tire, what width do you plan on using because if you do not go with a narrow a** tire, you are going to have clearance problems under flex.

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
I would go for it....Cage Arms, shocks and 3.5" lift...go with the F250 mounts or spring for their dual fronts to help with body roll. With the 2" BL you should be OK with 35"s...but clearance with the uncut rears will be an issue no matter what you do. You might want to consider the Super Swamper LTB (its a bias ply but I know folks who are happy with them on the street); they make a 15X34X10.50...which will be a close fit, but should work (might have to roll the inner lip of the rear fender). I think that the combo would look great as well. Good Luck.

John

bronko69er

EB Addict
Loc.
Renton, WA
I have no regrets going Cage 5.5". The coils and shocks are a great ride.
Yes there is a price difference between retailers.
I buy from www.TOPGUNCUSTOMZ.com as they seem to have the lowest prices. (and I can use PayPal)
Just go to www.Cageoffroad.com, write down the part numbers you want and call up TopGun.

OP
OP
MattMoe

MattMoe

Contributor
Loc.
Baton Rouge
I plan on cutting it, if I plan on hanging with the guys in my local club I have too. Keep the input coming, I am still kinda hung up on going to a 5.5 seems like it will be wobbly on the road and too top heavy.

I don't want this thread to come to a don't cut it thread, thank you;D

mp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Austin, TX
How much do you want to cut? I have a CAGE 3.5 lift with CAGE shocks all around. Makes my 35 inch tires look too small with my Warflares cut to the bodyline. I plan on running 37 MTR's someday to help fill the gap and fill out my gearing.

bronko69er

EB Addict
Loc.
Renton, WA
The only reason I went 5.5" was because I intalled F150 axles.
I wouldn't have gone that high at stock width.

csjr

Loc.
Lighthouse Point, FL
I would be interested to hear otherwise, but I believe with anything more than 3.5" springs and those long arms that you will need to modify your front driveshaft as well (longer and possibly a high angle CV joint). I have 4 1/2" springs with stock arms and rubber, angled rad. arm bushings and at full droop my front shaft binded a little--I took a grinder to the yoke ears and CV and clearanced just enough where I don't have a problem. I think if I loosened up my front end more with long arms that I might bind and cause damage. I run mostly mud so I don't care about a couple of extra inches of flex. I totally agree with MP that the 3.5" and cutting the body is the way to go--but have you really looked at the picture of your body?? Man, it's looks straight and rust free....and you don't want to hear it anyway.

kbldawg

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marshall, AR
Anybody notice the dog laying under his truck? I bet he wants the lift too, it would give him more head-room.

xltbeast

Loc.
Lake Placid, NY
You shouldnt even need any more lift depending on how much you cut. If you wanted to run warflares at the body like 35's should fit just fine as is. Check out the cage site and when your on it look at their yellow bronco. its got a 2" body/3.5 suspension with alot of triming and its clearing 40's pretty good. just my opinion. But that thing does look pretty clean

Dan76

Im doing a 3.5" suspension lift right now then a 2" body and im going to run 36-37s! Thought about it alot and figured this is the best setup for a bronco on stock width axles

OP
OP
MattMoe

MattMoe

Contributor
Loc.
Baton Rouge
I would go for it....Cage Arms, shocks and 3.5" lift...go with the F250 mounts or spring for their dual fronts to help with body roll. John

What year model are you referring to for the F250 shock mounts? Is there a drastic difference between single and dual shocks up front?

jsniper06

Loc.
Crowley, La.
Whats up Matt,
I heard Cage has a great product. You should go with the 5.5". You have seen my Bronco, I have a 5.5 and a 3 body. I dont feel like mine is to top heavy. If you buy the lift soon we can install it at the next meet. See you there.

Dave

cbearly

Loc.
Wellington, Colorado
I have the Cage 3.5" lift, with their long arms and duel shock hoop up front. I have a 3" body lift and I'm running 35" TrXus tires. I love it and have no regrets going with the Cage suspension. I think the duel shocks up front do help with body roll.

If you already have the 2" body lift, the Cage 3.5" system will give you more than enough clearance for 35" tires (when you cut the rear fenders).

As far as dealers, I bought mine right after Cage went "dealer only", and there was some pretty big differences in price from one dealer to another, so shop around.