• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Tube Frame Designs for Early Bronco

sstlaure

Bronco Slacker
j.r.nice said:
...ever put that on the scales? I'd be curious......

how much travel do you have in the front axle?

does he street drive that? .....and is hydrosteer street legal.

I was told it was not (cant remember if it was in VA or OH)

Before the build-up it was 3400 lb, we haven't weighed it since.

13" Front/21" rear travel (we currently run in 2WD due to front driveshaft issues, we're going to clock the trans/transfer case around to gain ~3" drop of the driveshaft at the case.)

I don't think it's even close to street legal (frame height, bumper height, lack of a rear bumper, no wipers, etc.) but it is registered under his 1968 title (original frame and tub). Not sure if the hydrosteer is legal or not. It sure works great. Here's a closer look. (I'm going to end up with some bumpsteer in my truck, I can't afford the hyd steer.)

Attachments

• 113003 front axle & steering cyl.jpg
    113003 front axle & steering cyl.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 200

j.r.nice

Bronco Guru
My front shaft bumps off my stock AOD pan. I need to modify it or the deep aluminum one but haven't done it yet either.
I have avoided clocking my Atlas to gain room. Maybe I should.....cant be too hard.

Steering is interesting. Thanks for the pic. I might be tempted to put one of those on the back axle. I have a power rack/pinion with a Borgeson slip joint. No bump steer but it limits my travel.
I also lost a lot of turning radius as the arm hits the shock.

Attachments

• jrn_bronco_02s.jpg
    jrn_bronco_02s.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 168